Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#109504 by markinaz
Sat May 04, 2013 1:50 pm
I am a long time Ooma customer and have new issues that pretty much started yesterday/today.

- Phone rings, pick it up, hear a dial tone
- Phone does not ring, but incoming calls go directly to voicemail
- Phone rings, pick it up, no one there (silence)
- Dial out a call from dialtone, does not ring, but the other party says their phone was ringing and when they picked it up, no one was there

I have tested this and it is happening for me too when I dial to and from my cell phone from the Ooma

Furthermore, another new problem

- When I am on the Ooma I am unable to connect to the Internet from my desktop. Both Ooma and desktop are Ethernet-cable connected to a router. This is also new -- always was able to be on the phone and working on the desktop at the same time, until last day or two. Ooma seems to prevent the desktop internet connection.

WTF? Has Ooma pushed through some updates that have effed up our usability?

My ISP has no clues, they think it is my network interface card, but I am very suspicious it is either Ooma or MS Windows update (and I just rolled that back and it didn't fix the problem, so that leaves Ooma).

So that leaves Ooma.

Again WTF?

Anyone else having issues?
#109509 by lbmofo
Sat May 04, 2013 4:25 pm
Did you add anything new to your network?

If not, try rebooting everything from modem. From your post, it seems you are modem/router/ooma so turn off everything and start powering up the modem first. Wait until it goes online, then turn on the router, waiti until it gets online and then turn on the Ooma.

It is possible that your modem or router is about to go belly up. Check this post out: viewtopic.php?t=10023
#109530 by EX Bell
Sun May 05, 2013 1:45 pm
thunderbird wrote:The first thing to do is unpower, then repower the Ooma Telo and test. If that doesn't help contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT

+1

You should also wait 2 minutes before plugging anything back in. Much of the documentation either says 30 seconds or it just says "Try rebooting your Telo, modem, and router by pulling out the power and plugging them back in".

This is problematic, because both Ooma and very good intentioned forum members like Thunderbird assume that you will wait at least 30 seconds before plugging any of these devices back in, but many people have never been told to do otherwise, and so they will unplug the devices and then within seconds, plug them back in. This gives no time for capacitors in the circuit to discharge and so things most often do not return to normal. More than one Ooma support tech has suggested 2 minutes to me and this has proven to work very well, where as when both I and my clients tried 30 seconds, it was not long enough and did not resolve anything.