Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#109175 by denmarks
Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 am
Just upgraded from Hub to Telo. Hub worked fine but we thought call quality would be upgraded with Telo. Well, a couple of times I look at the telo and the Ooma logo is flashing red. I pick up the phone and it is a busy signal. First time I checked to see if any phone was off the hook and rebooted. Last night it was flashing again and busy signal again. Rebooted and same story. Seems internet was down. I bypassed ooma and put IP directly to router and still no Wifi. Reconnected everything as it should be and went to bed. Woke up about 4am and saw that Ooma was totally blue again. Maybe just a freak Comcast outage. I first suspected a defective ooma and then maybe a defective modem. But all is well now. Anyone have any ideas of what happened?
#109180 by denmarks
Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 pm
Ethernet line from modem to Ooma and then I have line from Ooma to router. The reason I went directly to router bypassing ooma was to see if I was getting IP from modem.

I am wondering if modem is beginning to fault but it seems it would just go out completely not just come and go.
#109182 by murphy
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 pm
denmarks wrote:Ethernet line from modem to Ooma and then I have line from Ooma to router. The reason I went directly to router bypassing ooma was to see if I was getting IP from modem.

Did you power cycle the modem when you did that?
It won't work if you don't.
#110259 by GMOOMA
Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm
Hmm, in the last couple of weeks I had to reboot my a once..
I did not know it could possibly be related to an ISP outage?.. usually the Telo recovers from this.. this is not typical.. and I usually check everything else before rebooting, just incase it is a firmware update in progress. I've found checking the Ooma site useful in knowing system status and current firmware update against what is already installed.

FYI 66439 (telo) is latest as of this post.