Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#109144 by ondjp
Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:26 am
Just setting up my Ooma Telo and I think I'm begining to understand the details. It seems that in order to have two voicemail boxes with two numbers OR in order to have two separate cordless phone systems in the house attached to the Telo, I would need to get either HD2, or the older Telo handsets, or the Linx. These would be setup as devices under the individual numbers (i.e. line 1 setup with Telo, and Line 2 setup with Linx). If that is not correct, please correct me.

So, that leads me to the question, "can I use the Mobile App as a device"? I have read that the mobile app is argueably not ready for prime time, but it would be nice to be able to reduce my Cell service voice minutes. As well, use my mobile app and pair it to my secondary line while in the house (i.e. WiFi connection) and have only my mobile app ring when second line recieves incoming calls.

Thnks in advance;
#109145 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am
ondjp wrote:Just setting up my Ooma Telo and I think I'm begining to understand the details. It seems that in order to have two voicemail boxes with two numbers OR in order to have two separate cordless phone systems in the house attached to the Telo, I would need to get either HD2, or the older Telo handsets, or the Linx. These would be setup as devices under the individual numbers (i.e. line 1 setup with Telo, and Line 2 setup with Linx). If that is not correct, please correct me.

Older handsets and HD2/Linx can not be mixed. Either all old handsets or all HD2/Linx. If you want to use regular phones, you'd want Linx which provides a dialtone. Also, if your Telo is newer, won't support old handsets.

ondjp wrote:So, that leads me to the question, "can I use the Mobile App as a device"? I have read that the mobile app is argueably not ready for prime time, but it would be nice to be able to reduce my Cell service voice minutes. As well, use my mobile app and pair it to my secondary line while in the house (i.e. WiFi connection) and have only my mobile app ring when second line recieves incoming calls.

No incoming calls for the mobile app right now and can't provision it as a private device.