Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#108644 by veggiemuffin
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:33 am
I have a question about the 2 lines. If I'm using the phone on one line what happens when someone calls the other line? Do the other phones ring but not the one I'm using (I hope)?
#108645 by murphy
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:45 am
veggiemuffin wrote:I have a question about the 2 lines. If I'm using the phone on one line what happens when someone calls the other line? Do the other phones ring but not the one I'm using (I hope)?

You need an HD2 handset or a Linx to take advantage of the second line.
If you are using a phone connected to the Telo's phone port, a second call will ring on an HD2 handset or on a phone connected to a Linx.
#108647 by veggiemuffin
Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:27 am
If I'm using the phone connected to the Linx will it only ring on the telo-connected phone? It seems like that would be what would happen. Just want to be sure.

I don't have my number ported yet so can't try it myself to see what will happen.
#108649 by murphy
Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:26 am
veggiemuffin wrote:If I'm using the phone connected to the Linx will it only ring on the telo-connected phone? It seems like that would be what would happen. Just want to be sure.

Yes. If you don't have call waiting disabled you should hear a beep on the Linx phone.