Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#9397 by tommyhmpls
Sat May 09, 2009 8:27 am
I setup my ooma but I am waiting for my number to be ported over so I set it up to continue to use my current service. I can receive calls fine and place calls to any area code other than my local one (612). Any advice on how to fix that?
#9400 by southsound
Sat May 09, 2009 9:54 am
This is going to require a call to ooma customer service. You can reach them at 888 711-6662. It sounds like either a routing problem or a problem with their local CLEC "partner". Wait times have been very short lately and tech support can determine the problem and get you to 100% functionality.
#9401 by southsound
Sat May 09, 2009 10:03 am
I just reread your original post and thought I might ask for clarification. Did you have ooma "provision" your hub to work with your existing landline? If that is the case, all calls will come in on your landline. If busy, it will forward to an unknown ooma number that will give you call waiting. For outgoing, ooma sends local (612) calls over your landline and all other calls over ooma. It may be as simple as rebooting your hub. I'd try that first and see what happens.
#9402 by buzzman
Sat May 09, 2009 10:15 am
Hello fellow Twin Cities resident,

I got 612 assigned to my number as well, but for me to call another 612 number, I use the whole 10 digit (eg. 612 201 1234). When I don't use the whole 10 digit, sometimes my call doesn't get through. Do you think this is the problem with yours?
#9406 by tommyhmpls
Sat May 09, 2009 12:20 pm
I did reboot everything and have used all 10 digits. Still no luck. My regular line is ATT Callvantage and it could be a routing issue since the ATT "router" is still installed and I have the ooma hub coming off my wireless router after the ATT one.