Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#79672 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am
rajeshh wrote:So whats the latest on this issue? I just have the Ooma core Basic service; no landline. We believe we dont get call waiting when folks have called us. They say they just get busy signal. Should I be calling Customer Service?

If you have tested and is sure you don't get call waiting, then yes, call customer service.
#79674 by southsound
Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 am
rajeshh wrote:So whats the latest on this issue? I just have the Ooma core Basic service; no landline. We believe we dont get call waiting when folks have called us. They say they just get busy signal. Should I be calling Customer Service?

It really depends on how you had ooma configure your system at activation. Did you choose to keep your existing number and use what they call "landline integration"? If so, then you need to have your landline provisioned with call forward busy to your ooma number. If you chose to use an ooma number, then as lbmofo states, you need to call customer support.

Did I mention that most of us on the forum recommend against landline integration because of the limitations it places on your ooma system's features?

Welcome to ooma and to the forum!
#79677 by rajeshh
Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:54 am
southsound wrote:
rajeshh wrote: Did you choose to keep your existing number and use what they call "landline integration"?


I dont believe I did that. I remember visiting this forum and hearing issues about that. I had asked for a number port, and basically when the landline kicked off, ooma kicked in.
#79683 by southsound
Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:29 pm
rajeshh wrote:
southsound wrote:
rajeshh wrote: Did you choose to keep your existing number and use what they call "landline integration"?


I dont believe I did that. I remember visiting this forum and hearing issues about that. I had asked for a number port, and basically when the landline kicked off, ooma kicked in.

I see from your previous posts that you had your port completed many months ago so I don't think that the problem is with landline integration. Has call waiting ever worked for you or is this the way it has always been? As a further step you can take on your own, have you tried unplugging power to your ooma and rebooting it? Sometimes it works wonders to clear an error in call handling. If that doesn't work, by all means call support.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests