Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#107131 by a1smith
Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:10 am
I just noticed that I didn't have ring on incoming calls; I was next to my Telo unit and someone left a voicemail but I never heard the phones ring.

My firmware is BASE - 66221, HS - 66211, RFP - 66216.

I reset the Telo unit by power cycling and then reset the HD2 handsets. Everything seems to be working fine now.

This sounds sort of like the incoming call problem others have been posting.
#107137 by WayneDsr
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 am
Thanks for sharing, maybe this could help a few people out.

Wayne
#107142 by Tom
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 am
I forwarded your log to engineering. It showed an anomaly.

And which incoming call problem are you referring to? Where the local party has dead air? That is viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10651 Either follow the instructions there or call support and they will fix it.

This coming week we hope to start rolling out the server fix for this. A minority of customers with certain router rules is impacted by this issue.
#107305 by a1smith
Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 pm
Hi, Tom.

Thanks for the info. Some more info that may help -- my Telo and HD2's were working fine right up to a day or two before this. I think the flash to new firmware may have caused this and a full power cycle got everything back to normal. The phones are working fine now. The calls that did not have a ring did show up in the call log and the people that called were able to leave a voicemail.

By anomaly, did you mean something I needed to take care of or something that needed to be taken care of at your end? That would be a nice feature if you can detect when someone needs to power cycle their Telo unit to get things working again and you send them an email (or you do a remote reboot if a soft reset will fix it).