Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#106688 by bbgarnett
Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Hello,

I am having a problem where certain numbers when they call go straight to voicemail and my phone never rings and I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. The main culprits right now are Dell Technical support/customer service and my Walmart Pharmacy. Dell is an 800 number and Walmart comes up as 866 whether or not that makes a difference. I am subscribed to Ooma basic and so I don't have any of the premiere calling features such as Blacklist. So any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Thanks
#106694 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:50 pm
bbgarnett wrote:Hello,

I am having a problem where certain numbers when they call go straight to voicemail and my phone never rings and I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. The main culprits right now are Dell Technical support/customer service and my Walmart Pharmacy. Dell is an 800 number and Walmart comes up as 866 whether or not that makes a difference. I am subscribed to Ooma basic and so I don't have any of the premiere calling features such as Blacklist. So any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Thanks

Check and make sure Anonymous Call Block isn't checked at https://my.ooma.com/privacy .

Also sometimes even though you don't have Ooma Premier, sometmes some of these features have been selected and now can't be seen. To correct that problem, you have to contact Ooma Customer Support, and they can check and make corrections from their side.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#106696 by bbgarnett
Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm
Hello well I can't check about the Anonymous Call Block as that also looks to be a premier feature and so will have to call. I remember when I first started Ooma about a couple of months after I got it I had some weird problems but it was because certain premier features were enabled even though I wasn't a premier customer and so I remember calling them and they said yeah certain features were enabled and so they disabled them and everything was fine but maybe they somehow got re enabled but I would have no idea how as I can't even access those features. But I guess it can't hurt to call and just see.
#106697 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 pm
bbgarnett wrote:Hello well I can't check about the Anonymous Call Block as that also looks to be a premier feature and so will have to call. I remember when I first started Ooma about a couple of months after I got it I had some weird problems but it was because certain premier features were enabled even though I wasn't a premier customer and so I remember calling them and they said yeah certain features were enabled and so they disabled them and everything was fine but maybe they somehow got re enabled but I would have no idea how as I can't even access those features. But I guess it can't hurt to call and just see.

I just checked a non-Premier Ooma Telo, before making your post, and Anonymous Call Block was one of the items still showing and that changes could be made.

Yes I've heard of Premier features changing, even though the person was using a non-Premier Ooma Telo.

There could be other things wrong also, like a routing problem, or some data base that doesn't have your Ooma phone number not enter or entered correctly.
#106714 by bbgarnett
Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 am
Well I called Ooma and they said I didn't have any premier settings enabled and said the problem is not there problem but most likely Dell and Walmart's problem where they have some settings on there phones or something that is causing there calls to go straight to voicemail and so she said I should call them and tell them to fix the problem or check for the problem on there end.
#106716 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 am
bbgarnett wrote:Well I called Ooma and they said I didn't have any premier settings enabled and said the problem is not there problem but most likely Dell and Walmart's problem where they have some settings on there phones or something that is causing there calls to go straight to voicemail and so she said I should call them and tell them to fix the problem or check for the problem on there end.

If the call is an Inbound call, going to an Ooma phone number, and it goes directly to the Ooma Telo voicemail, then the problem just has to be an Ooma problem, weather it's a My Ooma setting or something else.

Send Ooma Moderator Tom B. an E-mail telling him what your problem is, and ask him if he will help.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4164
#106750 by Tom
Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:44 pm
Community blacklist was still enabled on your account. We will investigate why this feature wasn't turned off when your account downgraded to basic.
#106767 by bbgarnett
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:00 pm
Hey,

OK Well I called customer support this morning and had them check and they said I had no features such as community blacklist enabled and that it was not Ooma's problem but a problem with the people trying to call me. I also remember about a month or 2 after I got Ooma I had this same problem where certain premier features such as community blacklists were enabled and so I had called them and they said that's the problem and they turned off all premier features and whatever problem I was having back then was fixed. So is it possible somehow for features such as community blacklist to become enabled even though I don't pay for or have access to it/them.

Thanks again though for looking into the situation and hopefully it is resolved.