Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#106394 by johnnymo
Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:08 am
I'm having a problem accessing voicemails from my Ooma box. I can see the flashing play button when a new voicemail is left. When I push on the button I can not hear the new voicemail. The play button and 1 button are lit like they are trying to either retrieve/or play the message but no sound. What's weird is that after they turn blue I then can press the play button again and the message is played as a saved message. I have the sound button on 4, can see and play the message online, hold the play button down longer and have rebooted the system but still have the same issue. Is this normal for the Ooma box or could this be a hardware problem. Thanks.
#106397 by thunderbird
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 am
johnnymo wrote:I'm having a problem accessing voicemails from my Ooma box. I can see the flashing play button when a new voicemail is left. When I push on the button I can not hear the new voicemail. The play button and 1 button are lit like they are trying to either retrieve/or play the message but no sound. What's weird is that after they turn blue I then can press the play button again and the message is played as a saved message. I have the sound button on 4, can see and play the message online, hold the play button down longer and have rebooted the system but still have the same issue. Is this normal for the Ooma box or could this be a hardware problem. Thanks.

Try powering off the Ooma Telo for one hour. This allows the Ooma servers to rebuild/repair your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma Telo and test.