Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#9168 by gx22
Tue May 05, 2009 10:40 pm
When calls are from T-mobile cell phone or from a Vonage phone, the caller ID name shows : city,state or cell phone, state instead of displaying the name of the person calling. The phone numbers are displayed correctly though. Other calls such as landline calls caller ID names are ok. My previous landline didn't have problem receiving caller ID names. Can OOMA fix it to display the correct Caller ID name for cell phones and Vonage calls?
#9173 by murphy
Wed May 06, 2009 2:47 am
T-Mobile cell phones do not transmit or display caller ID name. It's unnecessary since virtually all cell phones have a phone directory and they match the incoming phone number with the directory to display the name. You need a phone system for your ooma that does the same thing. Most Panasonic systems do that.
#9201 by gx22
Wed May 06, 2009 11:09 am
If I depend on my phone directory for names, that is only good for the people already in my phone directory. If anyone from T-mobile or Vonage who calls for the first time or they are not in my directory, I can't see their names.