Call from specific number goes straight to Voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
cdashd

Call from specific number goes straight to Voicemail

Post by cdashd » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 am

I'm trying to conduct a survey for Arbitron Ratings. Their area code is 410
When they leave a message, they tell me to call an 877 number but the 877 number can only set up an appointment for the 410 number to call me back.

I just tried calling my Ooma from a Google voice account which has a different area code from mine, it rang fine.. My father called last night from a diff area code and that rang fine too but when this 410 Arbitron number calls me it goes straight to Voicemail. There's no ringing and the only way I notice they called is my handset and Ooma blink once there's a message.

Is there some way to figure out howto get their number to ring. I've heard that if a number is blocked it will go straight to VM, perhaps there is a way to disable that? Is this problem on my end?

thunderbird

Re: Call from specific number goes straight to Voicemail

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 am

cdashd wrote:I'm trying to conduct a survey for Arbitron Ratings. Their area code is 410
When they leave a message, they tell me to call an 877 number but the 877 number can only set up an appointment for the 410 number to call me back.

I just tried calling my Ooma from a Google voice account which has a different area code from mine, it rang fine.. My father called last night from a diff area code and that rang fine too but when this 410 Arbitron number calls me it goes straight to Voicemail. There's no ringing and the only way I notice they called is my handset and Ooma blink once there's a message.

Is there some way to figure out howto get their number to ring. I've heard that if a number is blocked it will go straight to VM, perhaps there is a way to disable that? Is this problem on my end?
I wonder if you go into My Ooma and disable the Blacklists, then try again to se if it will work. Usually the Blacklists will send a number to voicemail, if that setting is included.

cdashd

Re: Call from specific number goes straight to Voicemail

Post by cdashd » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks for the assistance
I tried to access Blacklists but this is an Ooma Premier feature

Call screening seems like it would help but again it's Ooma Premier

Update: Ok so the issue seems to be resolved, when I was speaking to Live Chat customer support they mentioned that they had performed some update to my system. Perhaps that did the trick, everything is good now.
Thanks a lot, take care