Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#105448 by arkiedan
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 am
As the subject line says, voicemail picks up incoming calls and the caller leaves a message (I can hear it from the TV room since call screening is enabled). When I go to playback the message it's not stored on the box. And, it's not forwarded to email either. When I check the call logs it's there, listed as a "Missed Call." So, I hear the person leaving the message but it's not recording.?????? Anyone have an idea?

By the way, there is no other answer phone on the system. My pickup time is set at 24 seconds (4 rings). I checked "Do not disturb" and it's off.

Appreciate any help here. My friends are beginning to think I just don't want to talk to them.

old arkiedan
#105449 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:14 am
arkiedan wrote:As the subject line says, voicemail picks up incoming calls and the caller leaves a message (I can hear it from the TV room since call screening is enabled). When I go to playback the message it's not stored on the box. And, it's not forwarded to email either. When I check the call logs it's there, listed as a "Missed Call." So, I hear the person leaving the message but it's not recording.?????? Anyone have an idea?

By the way, there is no other answer phone on the system. My pickup time is set at 24 seconds (4 rings). I checked "Do not disturb" and it's off.

Appreciate any help here. My friends are beginning to think I just don't want to talk to them.

old arkiedan

The person calling may not be leaving a message. Test calling your Ooma number with your cell phone and leave a short voice message. Then check and see if there is a message.

If there isn't a message, power off your Ooma Telo for about one hour. This allows the Ooma servers to rebuilt/repair your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma Telo and leave a test message with your cell phone again.

If you still have problems, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT