Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#104730 by TazRon
Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 am
Since yesterday (12-29-2012) I cannot make outgoing calls. I am in the USA, Connecticut. I get a fast busy. I can receive calls but cannot even call support to report problem. I have "rebooted" both the Telo and my internet a number of times. Even waited an hour. Still no good ... need to use phone for both incoming and outgoing. Need assistance .... sent email to support, waiting for reply. I thought this service was going to be good ... time will tell. :o
#104733 by murphy
Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:59 am
How many digits are you dialing?
10 digit dialing will not work unless you have enabled 10 digit dialing in your my.ooma account.
11 digit dialing should work in either case (1-xxx-xxx-xxxx).
#104741 by thunderbird
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 am
TazRon wrote:Since yesterday (12-29-2012) I cannot make outgoing calls. I am in the USA, Connecticut. I get a fast busy. I can receive calls but cannot even call support to report problem. I have "rebooted" both the Telo and my internet a number of times. Even waited an hour. Still no good ... need to use phone for both incoming and outgoing. Need assistance .... sent email to support, waiting for reply. I thought this service was going to be good ... time will tell. :o

Also as a temporary work around, try dialing prfix *67, *98 or *96 before the number being dialed.

Example: *67-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Be sure to contact Ooma Customer Support with your problem:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#104853 by wenfeen
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 am
I had this problem this morning (live in MA). First I unplugged the phone, then plugged it back in and the problem still existed. I then unplugged the Ooma modem and the phone base for several minutes, plugged both back in and all was well. This has never happened before in the three years I've been using Ooma & I don't know what caused it, but at least I'm back. My internet was running fine during the time my phone was experiencing a fast busy.
#104913 by ScottCammack
Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:58 am
I'm now experiencing the same problem... get nothing but "reorder" (fast busy tone) when I try to place a call. I first noticed this problem on the afternoon of Jan 4, and have not been able to place a call since. I have internet connectivity, as evidenced by this forum posting. Today is Saturday, and of course the support line is closed for the weekend at Ooma. I'm going to email Ooma and report my problem.
#104917 by murphy
Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:38 am
ScottCammack wrote:I'm now experiencing the same problem... get nothing but "reorder" (fast busy tone) when I try to place a call. I first noticed this problem on the afternoon of Jan 4, and have not been able to place a call since. I have internet connectivity, as evidenced by this forum posting. Today is Saturday, and of course the support line is closed for the weekend at Ooma. I'm going to email Ooma and report my problem.

Customer Support is not closed for the weekend.

Customer Support

Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT

Note that is Pacific time so if on the east coast it is 11am-8pm.