Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#104667 by wpc09
Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm
I have noticed a steady deterioration of the sound quality and volume on voicemail when I try to listen via the Omma Telo device. Level 4 volume is at most where level 2 was a few months ago. The quality of messages is difficult to hear. I can listen via my.ooma.com. Is there a history of Telo voicemail deteriorating? What can be done other than buying a new Telo device?
#104757 by wpc09
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 pm
I completely turned off the Ooma Telo for half an hour. After turning it on, the volume quality for voice messages is still very low and distorted - scratchy like an old vinyl record - and more often than not, unintelligible. When I listen online via my.ooma.com, the sound is clear. This deterioration has occurred during the past couple of months since cancling Ooma Premier. Would there be any reason for that to cause a deterioration?
#104759 by murphy
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 am
Dial your own number from a phone connected to the Telo and listen to your voice mail. If that is also clear there may be a problem with the speaker in your Telo.
#104991 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:42 pm
wpc09 wrote:The problem is the speaker in my Telo. Question: Does that mean I need to buy a new Telo?

There is no repair for the Ooma Telos.

Yes, if you want to listen to Voice Mail messages using the Ooma Telo, you need to purchase another Ooma Telo.

But if it were me, especially if the Ooma Telo is functioning properly in every other way, I’d just use the phone to access Voice Mail messages, just like I have done with other Voice mail systems in the past. When at work, I always had to use the phone to access voicemail messages.

See: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-voicemail

Checking voicemail remotely
There are three ways to check voicemail remotely:
1 Phone: Dial your Ooma number. When the call rolls
to voicemail, press the * key and enter your PIN.
2 Online: Listen to and manage your voicemail on the
web at: my.ooma.com/inbox
3 Email: Forward your voicemail as an MP3 file to
your email or mobile phone (requires Ooma Premier).
Set up forwarding at: my.ooma.com/voicemail
Changing voicemail settings
Pick up the phone connected to your Ooma Telo and
press the key.
From the main menu, select option 2: “Change your
settings,” then follow the instructions.
#141980 by GregM
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 am
I successfully replaced my Ooma Telo (Revision B) speaker with one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-20x14mm-Ova ... 1294045492

It's a 20x14mm oval speaker and fit and works perfectly. The factory speaker had degraded to the point that it sounded like one of the teachers in a Charlie Brown TV special. Now I can hear my voicemail again!