Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#104614 by pbmpharmacist
Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm
Hello,

I am randomly getting missed calls because my HD2 Handsets don't ring. It doesn't always happen, but it's happened a few times now where we are in the house and the phone never rings. My wife is super pissed and wants nothing to do with Ooma (neither of us are really satisfied). Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if I can return my HD2 handsets for a refund? I have 3 of them and they are worse than my old Panasonic phone that I gave to Goodwill.
#104620 by lbmofo
Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:55 pm
Is it HD2 or your ooma not staying online due to poor Internet quality. Only 1 way to find out. Plug a wired phone into Telo.
#104633 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:16 am
pbmpharmacist wrote:Hello,

I am randomly getting missed calls because my HD2 Handsets don't ring. It doesn't always happen, but it's happened a few times now where we are in the house and the phone never rings. My wife is super pissed and wants nothing to do with Ooma (neither of us are really satisfied). Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if I can return my HD2 handsets for a refund? I have 3 of them and they are worse than my old Panasonic phone that I gave to Goodwill.

Usually an Ooma Telo (reboot) remove power and then restore power, or unregistering and then reregistering the HD2 handsets will fix this problem.

Unregister/Reregister procedure follows:
With a phone connected to the Ooma Telo:
Star commands dialed using a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone Port.
Dial *#*#191 to unregister 1st HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#192 to unregister 2nd HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#193 to unregister 3rd HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#194 to unregister 4th HD2 handset or Linx device
Or
Dial *#*#199 to unregister all HD2 handsets or Linx devices

Press the tower button for more then three seconds on the face of the Ooma Telo to re-register the HD2 handsets or Linx devices. Follow directions on the HD2 handsets after the HD2 handset recognizes the Ooma Telo registration request.

Or

Access Ooma Setup, DECT Settings page to unregister and reregister HD2 handsets and/or Linx devices.

If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on DECT tab. The DECT Setting page opens.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on the DECT tab. The DECT Settings page opens.

Some times rebooting the HD2 handset; pressing the Off (red phone) button on the HD2 handset until the HD2 screen goes blank, then releasing the button, will help.

One of the above procedures should fix your problem.
#104637 by pbmpharmacist
Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:35 am
thunderbird wrote:
pbmpharmacist wrote:Hello,

Usually an Ooma Telo (reboot) remove power and then restore power, or unregistering and then reregistering the HD2 handsets will fix this problem.

Unregister/Reregister procedure follows:
With a phone connected to the Ooma Telo:
Star commands dialed using a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone Port.
Dial *#*#191 to unregister 1st HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#192 to unregister 2nd HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#193 to unregister 3rd HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#194 to unregister 4th HD2 handset or Linx device
Or
Dial *#*#199 to unregister all HD2 handsets or Linx devices

Press the tower button for more then three seconds on the face of the Ooma Telo to re-register the HD2 handsets or Linx devices. Follow directions on the HD2 handsets after the HD2 handset recognizes the Ooma Telo registration request.

Or

Access Ooma Setup, DECT Settings page to unregister and reregister HD2 handsets and/or Linx devices.

If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on DECT tab. The DECT Setting page opens.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on the DECT tab. The DECT Settings page opens.

Some times rebooting the HD2 handset; pressing the Off (red phone) button on the HD2 handset until the HD2 screen goes blank, then releasing the button, will help.

One of the above procedures should fix your problem.

Thanks. I'm going to try to return the phones to Ooma since they are a waste of money. But if I can't return them then I'll try this before calling Amex for a dispute.
#104647 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:56 am
https://www.ooma.com/legal/terms-and-conditions

4 Return of Equipment and Refunds

(a) Purchases Directly from Ooma: If you bought your Equipment directly from Ooma, you may return the Equipment to us within 30 days of the date you received the Equipment (or as otherwise required by law) and we will refund the purchase price to you, provided that you

(1) return all of the equipment that you purchased from us within 14 days of termination of your account, in original condition, original packaging preferred;

(2) terminate your account with us within the same 30-day period;

(3) return original proof of purchase with the Equipment, together with all parts, and accessories;

(4) obtain a valid return authorization number from our customer care department prior to returning the Equipment to us by calling 888-711-6662; and

(5) pay all costs of shipping the Equipment back to us. You may return Equipment for a refund only once. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee as may be posted on our web site from time to time.

(b) Retail Customers: If you bought your Equipment from a retail store, dealer, or other provider ("Retailer"), rather than directly from Ooma, you may not return the Equipment to us. If permitted by the Retailer, you may return the Equipment to the Retailer, in which case the return will be subject to the Retailer's return policy.

(c) Subject to law, there are no refunds for unused service terms and all Service charges, taxes, fees and prepaid balances are non-refundable.