Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#104425 by unclerico
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:59 am
I pick up my handset and get the 'regular' ooma dial tone.

Regardless of what number I dial (including my own cell phone sitting on my desk) I get a busy signal.

I have all blue lights on my ooma device. My internet connection is otherwise working fine.

I connect via a Comcast cable modem. I am in San Francisco.

I have been experiencing this problem for 5-6 days. I have done nothing to change my connection configuration during that time period and previously my Ooma device did not manifest this problem.
#104426 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 am
unclerico wrote:I pick up my handset and get the 'regular' ooma dial tone.

Regardless of what number I dial (including my own cell phone sitting on my desk) I get a busy signal.

I have all blue lights on my ooma device. My internet connection is otherwise working fine.

I connect via a Comcast cable modem. I am in San Francisco.

I have been experiencing this problem for 5-6 days. I have done nothing to change my connection configuration during that time period and previously my Ooma device did not manifest this problem.

First:
Remove power from your Modem, Ooma, and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the next device in line (Ooma or Router). When that device is done booting, repower the last device. Then test.

If that doesn't help:
Remove power from the Ooma device for about 1 hour. This give time for the Ooma Servers to rebuild/repair your Ooma profile. Repower the Ooma Telo and test.

If that doen't help:
Contact Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#104430 by Lakeo
Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 pm
I had a similar situation two days ago and was able to cure it by just rebooting my Telo.

My question, Thunderbird, why does this situation occur, and is there a way to prevent it?

If I am out of town and this situation arises, my wife will not be able to deal with it, and by the time I return to deal with the issue the spousal noise is going to be excessive.

lakeo
#104441 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:25 pm
Lakeo wrote:I had a similar situation two days ago and was able to cure it by just rebooting my Telo.

My question, Thunderbird, why does this situation occur, and is there a way to prevent it?

If I am out of town and this situation arises, my wife will not be able to deal with it, and by the time I return to deal with the issue the spousal noise is going to be excessive.

lakeo

The reboots are to make sure that the problem isn't some thing that can be corrected on the customer end.

The problem probably is a call routing issue. Once working, there should never be and issue. If it continues to be a problem, I'd contact Ooma Customer Support and see if they can help.