Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#104206 by MapleOne
Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 am
When I go to my voice mail dashboard (first home screen) it shows me just the phone number. When I add the person to my contact list it will display the name.

With the premier service should it not automatically show me the display name of the person calling? Having just the phone number is not really sufficient.
#104208 by MapleOne
Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 am
Hey many thanks

I signed up yesterday and am blown away. I immediately signed for a year and ported.

I can now say I am in charge of my phone line.
I was paying $64 monthly with Bell and when I asked them why the big increase they said WITH SO MANY PEOPLE LEAVING SOMEBODY HAS TO FUND THE NETWORK
Last edited by MapleOne on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
#104209 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 am
Welcome.

MapleOne wrote:they said WITH SO MANY PEOPLE LEAVING SOMEBODY HAS TO FUND THE NETWORK

This can be called the downward death spiral.
#104231 by Tom
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 pm
With the premier service should it not automatically show me the display name of the person calling? Having just the phone number is not really sufficient.

Whether the calling person's name is included depends on how the call is delivered over the network. Different
providers have access to different name databases, so to always see the name do as you're doing and add the name (written just like you want it) to your own Ooma contact list.