Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#104106 by a1smith
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:43 pm
I have Telo unit and 3 HD2 handsets. In the last several days, I have twice not been able to get a dial tone when I press the green button on the HD2 handset; the display on the HD2 at the time looks fine and does not indicate loss of comm with Telo, etc. I've tried holding down the red button to reboot the HD2 handset but that doesn't help; all that happens is the HD2 handset gets stuck on screen where it is Scanning for Ooma base unit. The problem is solved by pulling power to Telo unit and plugging it back in after 5-10 seconds; once the Telo unit is back to "all blue" then the HD2 handsets work fine. Right now, base version is 64121 (latest), handset version is 64021, and RFP version is 63422. Any suggestions?
#104107 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 am
a1smith wrote:I have Telo unit and 3 HD2 handsets. In the last several days, I have twice not been able to get a dial tone when I press the green button on the HD2 handset; the display on the HD2 at the time looks fine and does not indicate loss of comm with Telo, etc. I've tried holding down the red button to reboot the HD2 handset but that doesn't help; all that happens is the HD2 handset gets stuck on screen where it is Scanning for Ooma base unit. The problem is solved by pulling power to Telo unit and plugging it back in after 5-10 seconds; once the Telo unit is back to "all blue" then the HD2 handsets work fine. Right now, base version is 64121 (latest), handset version is 64021, and RFP version is 63422. Any suggestions?

Try un-registering the HD2 handset from the Ooma Telo, and then re-registering the HD2 handset to the Ooma Telo.

This can be done by accessing the DECT tab in Omma Setup and clicking on the Remove button for the HD2 handset that you are having problems with. You can also go into the HD2 handset menu and towards the bottom of the Settings list is Unregister Handset. Sometimes it works best if both the Ooma Setup and HD2 handset un-register actions are taken before re-registering the handset.
#104124 by tawanda
Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:58 pm
Have you tried the solution mentioned? Did it work? I ask because I have the same problem. I have 3 HD2 handsets and one is not working. Just stuck on "connecting". I have not tried the solution mentioned yet. Thanks,
#104127 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:04 pm
tawanda wrote:Have you tried the solution mentioned? Did it work? I ask because I have the same problem. I have 3 HD2 handsets and one is not working. Just stuck on "connecting". I have not tried the solution mentioned yet. Thanks,

I have tried this solution and it worked for me.
#104132 by a1smith
Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:10 pm
My Telo unit just got flashed to version 64261 (not listed on version history yet) and my HD2 handsets are being flashed as well. Maybe this update will take care of issue; I'm going to read the version history when it is posted. If the problem occurs again I will try the unregister/reregister suggestion. I'll post results.

-- update -- flash on HD2 handsets just finished. Version on handset is 64246. RFP version is still 63422.
#104267 by a1smith
Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:46 am
Update - I just had a call and handset 1 did not ring while handset 2,3 did ring (HD2 handsets). I've gone ahead with unregister/reregister. I did the procedure twice and unregistered from both Ooma setup and HD2 menu; using either makes the other show unregistered. So, at least with the current version of firmware, you can't unregister in both locations. I tried calling and now all 3 phones ring. Let's see what happens . . . .

One other note - when the phone did not ring I tried using it afterwards and I did get a dialtone. The missed call showed up in the log also. Just no ring; I checked all settings for ring (type, volume, etc) and everything was fine.