Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#8944 by kwchang
Sat May 02, 2009 11:21 pm
Have anyone had problem calling their OOMA number from same local calling zone? I get 3-tone then the message of saying the number you are trying to dial has been disconnected.

Call is made from my brother's AT&T land line one mile away. OOMA number is chosen based on local area-prefix provided during initial setup.

Calling OOMA from my cell (or from my brother's cell) with the same area code has no issue.
#9016 by jdsage
Sun May 03, 2009 7:26 pm
We're having a similar issue; my sister-in-law a half-mile away calls us, and the red light on the hub blinks, but the phone does not ring. When I see the light blinking, I pick up the phone, but all I get is the ooma dialtone. Later, she tells us she tried to call but nobody answered.

I checked, and I do not have any kind of blocking enabled.

???
#9025 by kwchang
Sun May 03, 2009 8:10 pm
Did a little research this morning and noticed even though with the same 510 area code, the prefix in the same local calling zone belongs to two different carrier companies - one is from the old Pacific Bell (now AT&T) and the other is owned by Comcast. Ooma probably needs to work with these companies to make sure calls can go through their central offices (CO) properly.
#9090 by kwchang
Mon May 04, 2009 5:34 pm
I sent them an email this morning on my issue. Will follow up with a call if Ooma did not respond within two days. Other than this issue, it's been working great (call quality, etc.) for me and I even was able to send/receive fax without problem (has to disable compression by dialing *99 first for outgoing fax).