Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#102985 by Luke D
Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:08 am
I've had an Ooma setup for about 10 months now (telo wired to house phone system), and I find that there is occasionally no dialtone or calls go straight to voicemail without ringing. There is no internet connection interruption during this time, IPTV works fine, and ssh sessions are not disconnected.

When there is no dialtone I simply have to hang up and pick up the phone again, and there is a dialtone again. I'm using the same phones that I've had for the last 5 years, and this was never an issue before we added Ooma.

Has anyone seen similar behavior? Does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this issue? The dialing-out problem isn't really that much of an issue, but the straight-to-voicemail thing can be frustrating.

Thanks,
Luke
#102986 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 am
Seems like your internet is going in and out (so fast that your Ooma device indicator, red blinking, doesn't have time to react/notice). Check out a similar thread on this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13773&p=102955#p102927

I think you check out your internet (modem, router) to zero in on a problem. Either your modem or your router is not constantly staying up providing internet to your Ooma.
#102987 by Luke D
Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 am
lbmofo wrote:Seems like your internet is going in and out (so fast that your Ooma device indicator, red blinking, doesn't have time to react/notice). Check out a similar thread on this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13773&p=102955#p102927

I think you check out your internet (modem, router) to zero in on a problem. Either your modem or your router is not constantly staying up providing internet to your Ooma.

Thanks lbmofo. I'll try and see if the Telo has internal logs that contain information that would support this hypothesis.

I haven't noticed any connectivity issues with traffic from the rest of my network devices. In particular, IPTV implemented as udp multicasting from AT&T doesn't show any connectivity problems during these interruptions.
#102988 by Luke D
Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am
Luke D wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Seems like your internet is going in and out (so fast that your Ooma device indicator, red blinking, doesn't have time to react/notice). Check out a similar thread on this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13773&p=102955#p102927

Thanks lbmofo. I'll try and see if the Telo has internal logs that contain information that would support this hypothesis.

I haven't noticed any connectivity issues with traffic from the rest of my network devices. In particular, IPTV implemented as udp multicasting from AT&T doesn't show any connectivity problems during these interruptions.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything in the Telo setup screen that looks like logging functionality. At best is the ports status, which reports no RX or TX packet problems.
#103001 by harry12
Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm
A few weeks back my calls started going straight to voicemail. Found out my other answering machine had been turned on. While I didn't lose the dial tone, it was suddenly different so I mention it as something else to check.

( Wifey blamed the cat. I wisely agreed... ) :D