Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#100384 by thom700
Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am
Since this morning Sept 17 2012, I have been unable to make or recieve calls. Have followed all troubleshooting steps and still not working. Have restarted the device several times, restarted my network and router, connected new network cables and connected directly to the teleo device via HOME NETWORK cat port.

My pc network is fully working and I can connect to the internet with no issues. Have had ooma working without issue for almost 1 year now. I am located in USA, Georgia state.

I checked the status page for ooma and did find any issues for today. Is there a service outage today?

Have a teleo device, purchased Nov 2011. Right now the center symbol is blinking red and the 1, 2, trash and mailbox symbols are lit solid blue (not blinking). At times throughout today the central symbol has stopped blinking rd and the device appears as if it is working. i did manage to make one call out, then it went back to not working and blinking red.

I can connect to the HOME NETWORK port and bring up web page for the teleo device. That shows the following status :-

Network
TO INTERNET port: Disconnected
HOME NETWORK port: Connected: [ 172.27.35.1 ]
OOMA Tunnel: Disconnected

Applications:
Telephony: 2938 - Running
DNS: 3571 - Running
Webserver: 835 - Running
VPN: Status unavailable !
Free Memory: 190932

Thanks
#100385 by murphy
Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:17 am
TO INTERNET port: Disconnected

Your Telo is not connected to the internet.
Do you have a LAN cable from the To Internet port connected to a LAN port on your router?
#100386 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:19 am
thom700:
It appears that your Ooma Telo is not "seeing" the Internet.

To start with, there are a few things to try.

Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo or next box in line (the Ooma Telo or Router). When the next box in line is done booting, repower the last box in line, (the Router or Ooma Telo).

Next if that doesn't help try:
Factory Reset Ooma Telo - Old Alternate Procedure
1. Remove power from the Ooma Telo.
2. Repower the Ooma Telo.
3. Line 1 & Line 2 lights come on.
4. Line 1 & Line 2 lights go out and the Trash and Envelope lights come on for a very short period of time.
5. The Trash & Envelope lights go out and the bottom row (runway lights) starts scanning to the right.
6. When the scanning stops, the Ooma symbol will began flashing Red.
7. Press the Trash button, then the Stop button. Hold both the Trash and Stop buttons pressed until told to release.
8. The Ooma symbol will alternately blink Red and Blue.
9. The Ooma symbol will turn solid Red.
10. Release the Stop and Trash buttons.
11. Wait for a short period of time. The Ooma Telo will cycle back into a reboot.
12. After a successful Factory Reset, all Ooma Setup settings will be Factory.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You may want to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. Ooma Telo handsets will have to be re-registered.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem (or Modem/Router), your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router) and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem (or Modem/Router). When the Modem is done booting repower your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router). When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

Access the Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. Click on the Internet tab. Click on the down arrow following the words Connection type: Change from Automatic to Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update device at the bottom of the page.

Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo or next box in line (the Ooma Telo or Router). When the next box in line is done booting, repower the last box in line, (the Router or Ooma Telo).
#100387 by thom700
Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:53 am
Thank you thunderbird and murphy.

Murphy
Yes I do have a network cable from the To Internet port to lan port on the router.

thunderbird
Your troubleshooting tips are great. Very thorough and much appreciated. I followed you "Factory Reset Ooma Telo - Old Alternate Procedure" by rebooting the teleo, waiting for the scanning lights to stop and then holding down first TRASH and STOP buttons at the same time. After that the teleo paused for about 1 minute then rebooted....and it is working! Fantastic.

Thank you so much. I will definitely save off your troubleshooting tips for future use.

I did make one upgrade via the teleo web page 172.27.35.1. I set the Internet Port MAC Address to built in rather than Automatic since it looked to be a positive change in your troubleshooting notes. I hope that is correct.

thanks
#100389 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:43 pm
thom700 wrote:Thank you thunderbird and murphy.

Murphy
Yes I do have a network cable from the To Internet port to lan port on the router.

thunderbird
Your troubleshooting tips are great. Very thorough and much appreciated. I followed you "Factory Reset Ooma Telo - Old Alternate Procedure" by rebooting the teleo, waiting for the scanning lights to stop and then holding down first TRASH and STOP buttons at the same time. After that the teleo paused for about 1 minute then rebooted....and it is working! Fantastic.

Thank you so much. I will definitely save off your troubleshooting tips for future use.

I did make one upgrade via the teleo web page 172.27.35.1. I set the Internet Port MAC Address to built in rather than Automatic since it looked to be a positive change in your troubleshooting notes. I hope that is correct.

thanks

thom700:
Changing the Ooma Device MAC address from Automatic to Use Built-In is almost a must when using any Ooma Device. It will probably prevent some headaches in the future.
#100391 by thom700
Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 pm
thom700:
Changing the Ooma Device MAC address from Automatic to Use Built-In is almost a must when using any Ooma Device. It will probably prevent some headaches in the future.

Thanks for the confirmation thunderbird.