Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#100350 by Stove
Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:49 am
New to Ooma services. In the past two days I've found I have trouble calling certain numbers. They are not unique numbers, just local calls, and I have previously had zero issues calling them. When I dial out, I get a ring, followed very quickly by a another ring, the line goes static and it's about 8-10 seconds before another ring comes through. This continues for as long as the line is left open and the person you are calling receives nothing at all. However, when they call me, it works fine.

Does anybody know what might be causing this? Thanks very much for any help you can provide.
#100423 by grafxgrl
Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:19 am
I have the same problem. I tried to set my preferences to "10 number dialing" and also the star options as suggested. nothing worked. I used to LOVE my ooma...now? not so much... I hope they make it and are able to beef up their service to make it what we all expected it to be.
#100424 by thunderbird
Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:46 pm
If none of the other suggestions work, then there probably is a routing problem.

For a routing problem, each person that has that problem has to contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#101048 by garyjd318
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 am
I have had the ooma system ever since it came out with hub and the truly free calling (no tax). Since that time it has been nothing but a headache and customer service usually gives out the same bs about your router and modem and equipment. You can spend hours, days, months and even years and still never get the dumb thing to work correctly. The system works when it wants too. The hardware works all right as long as ports are opened. Yes your router can screw up from time to time requiring a restart and so can your modem. You can purchase new modem and router and even replace your current ISP. That may get rid of some of the issues as far as call clarity. But it will never be perfect. VOIP is not a perfect landline solution. I believe the ooma company itself can't route calls 100 percent either you will call them and they will say this is the only route i have for this certain number and guess what your out of luck use your cell. Well at 150 dollars or whatever they system costs now to buy what good is that?? My telo is still active but if it wasn't free i would have ditched ooma along time ago and gotten whatever money i could out of the hardware. I now own the magic jack plus. Is this better than ooma? The answer is yes! MJ+ has better call quality than ooma but yes customer service is next to worthless. But it takes just a few minutes and your using it without messing with router settings or spending hours trying to get ooma to work. Is MJ+ better than a landline? NO! But its works well enough to ditch the landline at 30/month without long distance! OOMA has deceived the public with a product that doesn't work well especially if you live in areas where you can't call certain numbers and said oh free lifetime calling. In reality we should be able to hook this device up to the internet and be able to call without sounding like were are on the moon! Sooner or later if OOMA doesn't get its act together with call routing and such they will go out of business. People don't want to take hours out of their lives to deal with a product that simply won't work for their needs!
#101049 by lbmofo
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 am
garyjd318, you had Ooma since the original Hub days and your 1st post here is pushing the cheezy & crappy MJ?!
C'Mon man. Let us hear what your issue is.