Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#8545 by sunrisepostal
Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:44 am
I been trying since this morning and i get fast busy sound.
with my cell is working fine.

1-800-445-5825
1-800-248-7098
1-888-568-2436
I also try without 1 and same result.

This is Mass Lottery Numbers.
I try some other 800 numbers and they working fine.
Last edited by sunrisepostal on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
#8548 by southsound
Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 am
Same here in Washington. Darn, I thought I might be the winner but my wife tells me I have to buy a ticket. If any of you win could you send me some of it as a nice gesture?

And while you are at it, send some to WayneDSR - he's a nice guy too. :)
#8550 by hpepper
Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:36 am
I just realized I think you were saying you are trying to dial Mass lottery numbers - those numbers you listed don't work on a non-Ooma phone service either.
#8552 by sunrisepostal
Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:53 am
hpepper wrote:I just realized I think you were saying you are trying to dial Mass lottery numbers - those numbers you listed don't work on a non-Ooma phone service either.

If its not work with non ooma phone service then why i have to post it on this here.

its dose work with all other phone service other then ooma
its not work with only ooma line.
#8560 by buzzman
Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 am
To my understanding, some toll-free numbers can only be called from certain calling areas. This is probably the case here (or where Ooma number is not "recognized" as the allowed calling area). Just a guess.
#8589 by just4fn
Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:10 pm
I am having trouble getting through to American Idol. The numbers are 866 numbers. This was the explanation and might apply to your situation.

Here's the deal on American Idol. We have a set number of trunks set aside to make toll-free calls. We allocate capacity based on subscriber levels and peak usage patterns under normal circumstances. Unfortunately during American Idol, calling patterns go ballistic as people make hundreds, even thousands of attempts. So the busies you get can be traced back to all the other ooma/Idol fans out there.
#9412 by nspereira
Sat May 09, 2009 8:00 pm
to understand whay you can't dial certain 800 numbers, whether they start with 800, 866, 877, 888 plus there are other toll free numbers coming out. it's the business them selves that sets this up as they only want calls from certain states or calling areas. I had this problem with Vonage. I had to use my cell to call certain toll free numbers in MASS. Actually, the toll free number is reading the number coming from a different area, even tho your own tel number is showing. Vonage had a difficult time with this and after months of research, it came out it was the companies having certain toll free numbers. toll free numbers do not always read your tel number especially if your number is blocked, it's just too confusing.