Remote voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Michael l

Remote voicemail

Post by Michael l » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Hello, My new Ooma is set up with existing phone number ported and tests fine. My land line is part of an answer machine which is still working with the Ooma. I can still receive messages and playback through my existing answer machine which is fine with me. However I can no longer do remote access of messages through my existing answer machine like I used to do. I have tried entering in a new access code into my answer machine but still no luck. What are my options? Can I still use my old answer machine to access messages by remote and if so how? Thank you.

Leeway

Re: Remote voicemail

Post by Leeway » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:34 pm

My Panasonic cordless works the same way and I have no problem dialing home and using my code to pick up messages. I know that's no help but just wanted you to know that it does work.

Donna

lbmofo

Re: Remote voicemail

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Michael l wrote:Hello, My new Ooma is set up with existing phone number ported and tests fine. My land line is part of an answer machine which is still working with the Ooma. I can still receive messages and playback through my existing answer machine which is fine with me. However I can no longer do remote access of messages through my existing answer machine like I used to do. I have tried entering in a new access code into my answer machine but still no luck. What are my options? Can I still use my old answer machine to access messages by remote and if so how? Thank you.
I heard that incoming DTMF works for Telo but not Hub (some reported issues even with Telo); what do you have?
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!