Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#96913 by yormets
Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 am
I didn't know my Oooma wasn't working until someone drove to my house. I have no dial tone and if someone calls my number, it says it's not a working number. This is my business phone I have forwarded to my cell phone. It won't forward at all. I've called support for 48 hours now. Nothing has happened. They simply say they are working on it. Doing what? My neighbor has Oooma too, his is working. They tell me the problem is on their end. Well do SOMETHING! Change the message to "service interruption" rather than "not a valid number". I've had this for a year with only small log issues. I changed nothing. My internet is fine. The Oooma is all in the blue. Doesn't work. HELP!
#96914 by murphy
Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 am
Is your credit card information up to date in your my.ooma account?
If your card expires they will turn off your service.
#96917 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 am
yormets, what is support saying about you not having dialtone? That's doesn't sound right. If you have a routing issue (rare) with your number, incoming calls not coming in seems logical but no dialtone tells me your Ooma is not online. Have you rebooted your whole setup (power off everything from modem to router to Ooma, then turn on modem first (make sure battery is removed when shutting down if you have batteries), then whatever is next inline (router or ooma), etc etc).
#96923 by yormets
Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 pm
I have a dial tone and can call out. My secondary number from ooma is also receiving calls. Just not my primary number. This has been like this since sometime Thursday. Support says they are working on it. For six days! They've bumped me up to level three support. Still not resolved. This is my business number. If It isn't working by tomorrow, I'm porting out with a different company. This has cost me thousands and loyal customers. My phone says it's not a valid number. Ridiculous. This is no support whatsoever.
#96932 by thunderbird
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:47 pm
yormets wrote:I have a dial tone and can call out. My secondary number from ooma is also receiving calls. Just not my primary number. This has been like this since sometime Thursday. Support says they are working on it. For six days! They've bumped me up to level three support. Still not resolved. This is my business number. If It isn't working by tomorrow, I'm porting out with a different company. This has cost me thousands and loyal customers. My phone says it's not a valid number. Ridiculous. This is no support whatsoever.

Something to try, which if it works, may be used a temporary fix or work around.

Go into My Ooma at https://my.ooma.com/calling .

Do the following:
Phone Number: (Select the Business phone number)
Make sure there is a check mark in the box in front of Enable call forwarding
Forwarding mode - Select: Call Forward All
Forwarding number - forward to your cell phone number.
Click on Save.

Remove power from your Ooma Telo.
Wait 20 to 60 minutes for the Ooma Servers to catch up.

With a different cell phone or phone (not your cell phone), with the Ooma Telo still unpowered, call your business number and see if the call goes through to your cell phone.

If the call goes through to your cell phone, repower the Ooma Telo and call your business number again and see if it rings your cell phone again.

In this configuration, you should be able to call out with the Ooma Telo, and receive Ooma Telo calls with your cell phone.
#96938 by supply
Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:26 am
I have the same issue since Saturday. They said it's a known issue and has to do with how calls are being routed. Supposed to be fixed in 24 hours, it's been 5 days and counting. I've called numerous times with same answer and time frame.
#96939 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:21 am
Since this is a routing issue with Ooma's carrier, I doubt the multi-ring or forward would work since the incoming call doesn't even hit Ooma central. I'd be curious to find out if you guys have the same carrier "current telephone company" when you look up http://tnid.us
#97757 by david_oahu
Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:06 am
lbmofo wrote:Since this is a routing issue with Ooma's carrier, I doubt the multi-ring or forward would work since the incoming call doesn't even hit Ooma central. I'd be curious to find out if you guys have the same carrier "current telephone company" when you look up http://tnid.us

The company that shows up for my phone number is "MCI Metro ATS Inc" -- which I never heard of.