Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#96808 by azism
Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:32 am
I have lots of blocked callers, especially during this political season. However, after I block them, if they call again, the phone may not ring, but there is always a short voice-mail of 2 to 3 seconds on Ooma with nothing but blank airspace. Why are blocked numbers doing this? It gets a tad annoying to see the voice-mail light blinking and there is nothing there but silence and after checking the log, I find the number the call came from is a blocked number. Why is this happening? :?
#96809 by thunderbird
Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:40 am
azism wrote:I have lots of blocked callers, especially during this political season. However, after I block them, if they call again, the phone may not ring, but there is always a short voice-mail of 2 to 3 seconds on Ooma with nothing but blank airspace. Why are blocked numbers doing this? It gets a tad annoying to see the voice-mail light blinking and there is nothing there but silence and after checking the log, I find the number the call came from is a blocked number. Why is this happening? :?

Check My Ooma and see how you have your Blocked "Matching calls should get" setup. https://my.ooma.com/blacklists
#96810 by azism
Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:18 am
Thank you, Thunderbird. I could have sworn that I had the blacklists set up so both the personal and community blacklisted numbers got the "Number is Blocked" message. Upon doublechecking, I see that the "personal" list was mistakenly/accidentally set to go to the voicemail. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :D