Blocked Callers Go to Voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
azism

Blocked Callers Go to Voicemail

Post by azism » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:32 am

I have lots of blocked callers, especially during this political season. However, after I block them, if they call again, the phone may not ring, but there is always a short voice-mail of 2 to 3 seconds on Ooma with nothing but blank airspace. Why are blocked numbers doing this? It gets a tad annoying to see the voice-mail light blinking and there is nothing there but silence and after checking the log, I find the number the call came from is a blocked number. Why is this happening? :?
Tucson, AZ
Customer Since: March 13, 2009
Ooma Hardware: Telo; Linx; Bluetooth Adapter
Service: Lifetime Premier since April 2009

thunderbird

Re: Blocked Callers Go to Voicemail

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:40 am

azism wrote:I have lots of blocked callers, especially during this political season. However, after I block them, if they call again, the phone may not ring, but there is always a short voice-mail of 2 to 3 seconds on Ooma with nothing but blank airspace. Why are blocked numbers doing this? It gets a tad annoying to see the voice-mail light blinking and there is nothing there but silence and after checking the log, I find the number the call came from is a blocked number. Why is this happening? :?
Check My Ooma and see how you have your Blocked "Matching calls should get" setup. https://my.ooma.com/blacklists

azism

Re: Blocked Callers Go to Voicemail

Post by azism » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:18 am

Thank you, Thunderbird. I could have sworn that I had the blacklists set up so both the personal and community blacklisted numbers got the "Number is Blocked" message. Upon doublechecking, I see that the "personal" list was mistakenly/accidentally set to go to the voicemail. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :D
Tucson, AZ
Customer Since: March 13, 2009
Ooma Hardware: Telo; Linx; Bluetooth Adapter
Service: Lifetime Premier since April 2009