Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#96692 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm
Under call forwarding option, you can make use of the "Require key press before answering forwarded calls" option (dont' forget to save after you check/uncheck).

If you check this box, and you forwarded Ooma to your cell, unless you answer on your cell with a key press (I think Ooma lady asks you to press 1 to answer), the caller would be taken to Ooma voicemail.

If you uncheck this box, your cell phone voicemail or Ooma voicemail, whichever kicks in first would end up be the voicemail system. If you want your cell to be the VM all the time, make your Ooma voicemail pickup time longer. https://my.ooma.com/voicemail If Ooma system/central is down or something, you might still get some rare VMs on Ooma end but should be far and few in between.
#97344 by utalice
Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:55 am
lbmofo wrote:Under call forwarding option, you can make use of the "Require key press before answering forwarded calls" option (dont' forget to save after you check/uncheck).

If you check this box, and you forwarded Ooma to your cell, unless you answer on your cell with a key press (I think Ooma lady asks you to press 1 to answer), the caller would be taken to Ooma voicemail.

If you uncheck this box, your cell phone voicemail or Ooma voicemail, whichever kicks in first would end up be the voicemail system. If you want your cell to be the VM all the time, make your Ooma voicemail pickup time longer. https://my.ooma.com/voicemail If Ooma system/central is down or something, you might still get some rare VMs on Ooma end but should be far and few in between.

In My Ooma, under Call Forwarding Preferences, it has:
"Phone Number:
Enable call forwarding (check for CF)
Forwarding mode (call forward on network outage)
Forwarding number (my number)
Ex: 650-555-1234

SAVE"
There is no option to check a box that says "require key press before answering forwarding calls". Is this maybe in a different section of My Ooma? I'm pretty sure I've seen this option before.

I live in the state of Ohio and we have been under a state of emergency for 3 days now (bad storms) and left without power. my phone calls were to be forwarded to my cell when there was a network outage and I did get one call that was forwarded to my cell during this time.
Yesterday, someone called and it didn't forward to my cell ...but left a VM on the Ooma VM system. It's not in my call logs anywhere. Also, the one call that was forwarded was not in my call logs either (which I can understand better than the VM call that was not logged either).

I would like all VM to be left on my cell VM too when I have a power outage, but can't find that checkbox that you mentioned.
#97345 by lbmofo
Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:05 pm
utalice wrote:There is no option to check a box that says "require key press before answering forwarding calls". Is this maybe in a different section of My Ooma? I'm pretty sure I've seen this option before.

When you change the dropdown selection to "forward all" or "multi-ring," the checkbox would appear.
If you check the box on these options, your cell VM will never come in the picture because you'd have to press a key to answer the call. If not, Ooma VM will take over.