Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#95485 by mac711
Wed May 02, 2012 6:12 pm
I like to keep a non-personalized Voicemail greeting. However, each time I call into voicemail to check messages, the computer tries to make me say my name.

I just hang up and call back, and quickly press star to get to my voicemails. However, what if I go ahead and go through with the prompts someday? Is there any option to keep the default greeting, or do I have to make sure I never follow the setup she (the computers) always tries to make me do?

Thanks.
#95495 by lbmofo
Wed May 02, 2012 9:04 pm
Ooma voicemail setup would ask you to record a name, you can record some noise and move on; don't have to use a personal greeting.
#95511 by mac711
Thu May 03, 2012 6:28 am
lbmofo wrote:Ooma voicemail setup would ask you to record a name, you can record some noise and move on; don't have to use a personal greeting.

Is that noise going to play for the callers then or is there an option not to use it later on after recording it?

Thanks a bunch!
#95529 by mac711
Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 am
lbmofo wrote:You can choose a greeting type (non personal greeting) and your recorded name will not be used.

Fantastic information. Many thanks to you!