Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#95130 by papertower
Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:01 am
I have my ooma connected to a Google Voice number, and for the last year when I missed a call it would go to GV voicemail. The last few months sometimes it goes to GV voicemail, but more often it goes to ooma voicemail.

I tried changing the ooma settings to wait 7 rings before voicemail hoping GV voicemail will pick up first, but it still goes after 5 rings and goes only to ooma.

All the call records still show up in GV but I can't get it to consistently and exclusively go to GV voicemail.

Any ideas?
#95132 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 am
You are using Ooma's GVE right?

https://my.ooma.com/google_voice

See if your settings are as below:

Auto Answer delay: GVE will wait this amount of time before automatically answering a call to play the call presentation announcement. If you are not using call screening with Google Voice, you should disable this.

Disabled

Auto Connect delay: GVE will wait this amount of time before signaling Google Voice that you picked up the phone to answer/intercept a call.

Disabled

ListenIn Delay: GVE will wait this amount of time before signaling Google Voice that a call should be transferred to voicemail for ListenIn. Changing the Auto answer delay will change the timing of ListenIn. If the ListenIn delay is not set correctly, the call may hang-up before the ListenIn feature is triggered.

12 seconds (default)