Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#94308 by rupal
Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm
Hi

I've had ooma telco running for about 4 months..no real problems. However, yesterday all of a sudden I get 2 calls on my cell from my ooma home number. Thinking its my wife, I answer my cell, but nobody response. I call my wife's cell (at home) to ask if she just tried to call me on the ooma number...she says no.

very strange...any ideas??

Rupal
#94311 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:41 pm
rupal wrote:Hi

I've had ooma telco running for about 4 months..no real problems. However, yesterday all of a sudden I get 2 calls on my cell from my ooma home number. Thinking its my wife, I answer my cell, but nobody response. I call my wife's cell (at home) to ask if she just tried to call me on the ooma number...she says no.

very strange...any ideas??

Rupal

If in My Ooma at https://my.ooma.com/calling , when there is an Internet outage at your home, or the Ooma device is disconnected for a period of time, and you have the settings set to "Enable call forwarding" > "Forwarding mode" > "Call forward on network outage" > "Forwarding number" with your cell phone number in the blank; the Ooma calls will ring through to you.

But you should be able to talk to the calling party. If this is the way that you have My Ooma, Calling page setup, you should disconnect your Ooma device for about 1/2 hour, then place a test call from your wife's cell phone to your Ooma number, and see it rings through to your cell phone and you can carry on a conversation with your wife.
#94312 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:43 pm
In that case, the calling party's callerid should show. Not home number.

I am wondering if there is a smartphone out there with Ooma app installed calling your cell?