Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#93841 by AfterTen
Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:24 pm
I have a normal 4 phone system plugged into the phone jack of my Ooma Telo.
I can flash the phone and answer call waiting.

But, I just registered an Ooma Handset to the Telo.
Now, when I'm on a call on the normal handset and another call comes in I hear the call waiting signal and the Ooma handset rings but I cannot hit "flash" on my normal phone to answer the call waiting.

Is this how it is supposed to work?
If it is then the Ooma Telo handset is not very useful if I can't answer call waiting normally.
#93860 by Cyberchat
Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:36 pm
AfterTen wrote:I have a normal 4 phone system plugged into the phone jack of my Ooma Telo.
I can flash the phone and answer call waiting.

But, I just registered an Ooma Handset to the Telo.
Now, when I'm on a call on the normal handset and another call comes in I hear the call waiting signal and the Ooma handset rings but I cannot hit "flash" on my normal phone to answer the call waiting.

Is this how it is supposed to work?
If it is then the Ooma Telo handset is not very useful if I can't answer call waiting normally.

AfterTen,

We have the OOMA Premier service with two phone numbers configured. For phones, we have a DECT-6.0 phone system with a base station and four wireless remotes as well as a DECT-6.0 headset. In addition we have one OOMA handset. We are able to flash back and forth between line-1 and line-2 as calls come in or if we want to call out on line-2 while we have a call on line-1 on hold and we can do this on the DECT-6.0 base station or any of the wireless remotes. You can review the following topic for a more detailed discussion of the features.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12974&start=10#p92674

Having an OOMA handset in the configuration hasn't impacted the functionality of being able to flash between calls.
#94149 by retiredlady
Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 am
I have a phone system that has 4 phones. I plugged the phone line from the wall into the telo (I disconnected the phone service and wiring first). Now all my phones ring and my direct tv shows who is calling. This is great. My question is this: If I purchase a telo handset will all my phones ring when the handset rings or will just the telo ring? (one of the Ooma support people indicated that only the handset would ring).
#94158 by Cyberchat
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 am
retiredlady wrote:I have a phone system that has 4 phones. I plugged the phone line from the wall into the telo (I disconnected the phone service and wiring first). Now all my phones ring and my direct tv shows who is calling. This is great. My question is this: If I purchase a telo handset will all my phones ring when the handset rings or will just the telo ring? (one of the Ooma support people indicated that only the handset would ring).

Retiredlady,

You might want to wait a couple of weeks before purchasing an OOMA Telo Handset. A new model is supposed to be released shortly.