Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#93607 by doubledose
Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:02 am
I have been doing a lot of searching here and on the net about dishnetwork receivers and Ooma. I have found a lot of sugestions on the *99 But in my case that does not help. Are there any other ideas out there? A lot of my searching has turned resultsup from 2009 era with the old system. I am using the telo system and it will not let dish call out to the mothership. Is there any thing new out there to try? I can hook it up by ethernet but I want to keep the called id funtion when watching the satellite programs.
I hope this is the right seation to paste this question in.
Thanks
Wayne
#93608 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:36 am
doubledose wrote:I have been doing a lot of searching here and on the net about dishnetwork receivers and Ooma. I have found a lot of sugestions on the *99 But in my case that does not help. Are there any other ideas out there? A lot of my searching has turned resultsup from 2009 era with the old system. I am using the telo system and it will not let dish call out to the mothership. Is there any thing new out there to try? I can hook it up by ethernet but I want to keep the called id funtion when watching the satellite programs.
Thanks
Wayne

I use *98 with my Dish receivers.
#93613 by Cyberchat
Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 am
doubledose wrote:I have been doing a lot of searching here and on the net about dishnetwork receivers and Ooma. I have found a lot of sugestions on the *99 But in my case that does not help. Are there any other ideas out there? A lot of my searching has turned resultsup from 2009 era with the old system. I am using the telo system and it will not let dish call out to the mothership. Is there any thing new out there to try? I can hook it up by ethernet but I want to keep the called id funtion when watching the satellite programs.
Thanks
Wayne

Wayne,

Check out this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13354

When you've accessed the "How to distribute VOIP throughout your home" document, click anywhere in the document and then key "Control-F" for the "find" function. Then enter "What about TiVo" into the "find" function box and then execute the "find" function. This will take you to a section in the document which discusses connecting to Tivo, Dish Network, ..., using VOIP. There are also some links in that section which go to expanded discussions on other sites.

Good luck.
#93614 by doubledose
Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 am
Thanks
I had already been there and I just read thru it again. Nothing specific to dish network that I can see.
Thanks
Wayne
#93615 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:37 am
doubledose:
Disconnect the phone cord from your Dish receiver. Plug the phone cord into a spare phone and make sure that you hear the Ooma dial tone at the Dish receiver phone cord. If you have the dial tone at the phone cord that is normally connected to the dish receiver, try connecting a DSL filter (even if you don't have DSL) in the reverse direction between your Dish receiver phone port and the phone cord. Then test with the *99 prefix programmed in the Dish receiver for Ooma Hubs, or *99, *98, or *96 for Ooma Telos.
#93616 by doubledose
Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:05 pm
Yes I do have dial tone at the recievers. I did put in a dsl filter backwards and tried the 3 numbers and the call out still fails.
Thanks
wayne
#93625 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:25 pm
doubledose wrote:Yes I do have dial tone at the recievers. I did put in a dsl filter backwards and tried the 3 numbers and the call out still fails.
Thanks
wayne

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________

If you do the Java fix in your computer, instructions located at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12085. Then you can click on the Speedtest Phonepower Advanced tab, then "view test" at the bottom. Instead of filling in the blanks above, you can select CTRL+A to highlight, CTRL+C to copy; CTRL+V for paste into the Ooma Forum.
#93632 by doubledose
Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:20 pm
Download Speed: ____3507____________
Upload Speed: _________1200_______
Download Consistency of Service _____61%___
Upload Consistency of Service ____59%_____
Maximum TCP Delay _____230ms________
Jitter you server ____1______
Jitter server you __14.5_______
Packet loss: you server____0___
Packet loss: server you __3.4____
Packet discards __0_______
Packets out of order ___0______
Estimated MOS score ___1.0_____

This is a bad time of the day for me to run these test as mediacom has utilization problems this time of the day. If I need to I can do it earlier in the day as earlier today I looked at this test and was in the 14 mbits download
#93633 by jcanavera
Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 pm
For what its worth, *99 does work with both of my Dish network receivers. Just a thought, you might want to try to put a , or ,, prior to the *99. In some modems (and I'm assuming the Dish receiver will accept this) will cause a 1-2 second delay (one second for each ,) prior to the touch tones. It is possible that the *99 is hitting the Telo before it is ready to accept touch tones. You might list your receiver model. I'm using a 512 and 522.

I originally called Dish and asked them whether I needed to put in a *99 and they said no. As it ended up, the receivers failed to connect to Dish without adding *99 to the dial string.