Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#93143 by ciamarie
Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 pm
This wasn't addressed in the FAQ and a search turned up nothing. I don't believe I've ever created a PIN for voice mail, and I received an email that they were going to upgrade to VM 2.0 on Mar 1st or I could do it myself before then. So as to avoid surprises I thought I'd do it myself now, as I have no messages I need to save.

Although, this is confusing because I thought the VM servers were upgraded on Jan 1st? At least that's what the email I received in November said, and my personal greeting appeared to be inactive in Jan. so I re-did it. I don't get a lot of calls, so I haven't let one go to voicemail while I was listening, to see if the new greeting is active since then.

At any rate, during the upgrade it's asking for me to create a PIN, so I entered a 6 digit PIN and then I clicked 'validate' and it spun it's wheels for a moment and brought me to my ooma account login screen. I logged in, and it brought me to the account VM upgrade screen again, so I selected upgrade, entered a 4 digit PIN this time and clicked validate, same thing happened as before. How do I resolve this? Did it upgrade and didn't tell me?

The FAQ is pretty useless on what's required. If all else fails I guess I can just wait until March 1st and see what works and what doesn't....

Editing to add: I have a Hub and Scout, in case that matters.
#93153 by thunderbird
Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 pm
ciamarie:
If you go to My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/inbox and look to the right of the words Voicemail / INBOX, you should see the words View Active Messages. If you see these words, you should have Ooma VM 2.0.

If you are having problems with voicemail, try removing power from the Ooma Hub for one hour. Then Repower the Ooma Hub and test.
#93172 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:09 pm
Ringfinger wrote:My unit is only three weeks old, I don't see those words, am I gettimng some sort of upgrade March 1 as well? I did nlt receive any e-mails.

Help?

If you activated your Ooma service after May 2011, you are already using Ooma Voicemail 2.0 so there is no need to migrate your voicemail account.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-vo ... pgrade-faq
#93175 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:14 pm
ciamarie wrote:This wasn't addressed in the FAQ and a search turned up nothing. I don't believe I've ever created a PIN for voice mail, and I received an email that they were going to upgrade to VM 2.0 on Mar 1st or I could do it myself before then. So as to avoid surprises I thought I'd do it myself now, as I have no messages I need to save.

Although, this is confusing because I thought the VM servers were upgraded on Jan 1st? At least that's what the email I received in November said, and my personal greeting appeared to be inactive in Jan. so I re-did it. I don't get a lot of calls, so I haven't let one go to voicemail while I was listening, to see if the new greeting is active since then.

At any rate, during the upgrade it's asking for me to create a PIN, so I entered a 6 digit PIN and then I clicked 'validate' and it spun it's wheels for a moment and brought me to my ooma account login screen. I logged in, and it brought me to the account VM upgrade screen again, so I selected upgrade, entered a 4 digit PIN this time and clicked validate, same thing happened as before. How do I resolve this? Did it upgrade and didn't tell me?

The FAQ is pretty useless on what's required. If all else fails I guess I can just wait until March 1st and see what works and what doesn't....

Editing to add: I have a Hub and Scout, in case that matters.

If you are still trying to upgrade, change your PIN first (you are probably providing wrong PIN for your existing VM account): https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-voicemail#anchor-0
#93202 by ciamarie
Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm
Thanks for the replies! I checked the inbox, and it didn't show 'view active messages' so I picked up my handset and selected the option to edit and revise my PIN, though I don't think I'd ever set one before that, then tried the upgrade link again and the same thing happened as before (taken to log in window).

I decided to wait about 1/2 hour, just in case that might make a difference. During that time I had the bright idea that maybe I should try it with a different browser, as I had been using the Midori browser. When I went back, I tried it using Opera and it worked! So, I think at least part of the issue was the browser and not the PIN. :?

Thanks for the input.