Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#93099 by featherz
Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 am
I have two large companies that have been unable to call me recently, which is bad because these are companies trying to contact me for jobs. They get that my number is disconnected (which looks really bad when job hunting!). This is a ported number from Vonage that has been on OOMA for about six months. Up until now I have noticed no problems, but these companies had not tried to reach me before.

Called ooma support and they weren't much help. Said my routing was fine, must be the companies trying to call me even though they are in different cities and use different phone companies. I can't have my potential employers troubleshoot their phone systems so I am having them call my cell phone, which is not ideal. Btw, other people can reach me fine including the USPS, UPS, my job, etc. All are within my own area code, but I've had out of area calls that worked fine also. No blocking is on.

The only advice Ooma could give is that I need to tell the companies to troubleshoot - this isn't something I can do for obvious reasons (unless I get hired, then maybe :)).

Anyone manage to fix a problem like this?
#93102 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:50 pm
featherz:
Normally when some one at a company or larger company can't get though to a "known working phone number", the person working at the large company just submits a request to the IT department explaining the problem. Then the IT department corrects, or has the problem corrected. But in your case, if you don't at least know some one in the large companies, it will be difficult to get the problem corrected. Maybe you could call the companies, and ask for their IT department, and go then from there???
Last edited by thunderbird on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#93109 by lbmofo
Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:45 pm
Normally, when you have a ported number, the best thing to do at first is to have a person serviced by old carrier attempt to call you. If good, then chances are everyone can reach you.