Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#92965 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 am
conradps wrote:I have a blinking light, but cannot get voicemail messages..

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. Then try pressing the Ooma device's voicemail button. Sometimes you have to press oand hold the button a little longer than you'd think you should. Make sure your Ooma device volume is turned up.

You should also be able to obain your voicemail messages by dialing your own Ooma number with any phone connected to the Ooma device.

If you have to, you can go to My Ooma to hear your voicemail messages.

If your problem continues, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#93788 by traveler
Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 pm
My Voicemail is not playing and the sound button is not working as well. Is this an issue related to the upgrade? I will try the fix you described. I did have it off for approx 3 minutes and then rebooted it, but the sound did not work still.
#93790 by thunderbird
Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:50 pm
traveler wrote:My Voicemail is not playing and the sound button is not working as well. Is this an issue related to the upgrade? I will try the fix you described. I did have it off for approx 3 minutes and then rebooted it, but the sound did not work still.

Are you hearing any sounds when you press any of the buttons on the face of the Ooma Telo. Press the Speaker button at the upper center face of the Ooma Telo to increase the sound level. The levels are 0 through 4, zero being off, and 4 being maximum sound.

Try calling your own Ooma phone number with any phone connected to your Ooma phone system. This should allow you to access your Ooma Voicemail.

If using the phone works, try powering off your Ooma device for one hour, then test the button on the face of the Ooma Telo.

If none of the above suggestions don’t work, contact Ooma Customer Service.
#93851 by mhajduk
Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 pm
In addition to only being able to call out after dialing *67, I also can not check my voicemail through the Ooma hub or scout. Still haven't heard back from Ooma customer service on a fix or from Bobby after e-mailing him.

Anyone else have a fear of impending doom with all of these unanswered problems and Ooma products on close out sites like Woot? I hope i'm being paranoid, but if we were going to see the company go down in flames, I imagine this is how it would begin.
#94144 by tkramer
Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:14 am
I have had this exact same issue on a Telo and started last week.

The sound will not adjust, the voice mail is lit up and I can retrieve it from the web or from the phone. Just not from the Telo button.

I have tried resetting with the 20 minutes, holding the Ooma logo on boot, nothing seems to fix the issue.
#94146 by thunderbird
Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:46 am
tkramer wrote:I have had this exact same issue on a Telo and started last week.

The sound will not adjust, the voice mail is lit up and I can retrieve it from the web or from the phone. Just not from the Telo button.

I have tried resetting with the 20 minutes, holding the Ooma logo on boot, nothing seems to fix the issue.

Can you adjust the voice volume level on the face of the Ooma Telo. When you press the volume button can you hear 1, 2, 3, 4 ?

Try a one hour power off for the Ooma Telo, then repower and see what happens.
#94147 by murphy
Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 am
tkramer wrote:I have tried resetting with the 20 minutes, holding the Ooma logo on boot, nothing seems to fix the issue.

Holding the Ooma logo does nothing. There is no switch under the Ooma logo.

dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to the Telo to do a factory reset
#94161 by tkramer
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am
Pressing the volume button, does nothing anymore. I did call support and luckily that Telo is under warranty so I'm swapping it out.

I can try the power off for an hour since the device isn't here yet.

thunderbird wrote:
tkramer wrote:I have had this exact same issue on a Telo and started last week.

Can you adjust the voice volume level on the face of the Ooma Telo. When you press the volume button can you hear 1, 2, 3, 4 ?

Try a one hour power off for the Ooma Telo, then repower and see what happens.