Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#92013 by markcm
Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 am
Hi, I'm using a T-Mobile Blackberry Torch 9810 and I have an email notice sent from my.ooma with the voice .mp3 attached although the file will not play. I have tried from gmail ap (which I realise the gmail ap is no longer supported by google) and I have tried from gmail on the web browser which I can download the .mp3 but it will not simply play, and I have tried from my.ooma.com on my blackberry which is the same as the web browswer, I can download the file but cannot play it from the browser.

I'm guessing this is something to do with the Blackberry 7.0 browser and not Ooma but thought I might ask here as well. When I try to open the attached .mp3 in my BB browswer I get a pop up that says "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" I have tested with other .mp3 files that I have hosted on the web and I get a different set of options including "Do you want to, OPEN, SAVE, or CANCEL", if I select OPEN the .mp3 is immediately loaded in my music player on my BB.

Any Ideas why the .mp3 voice mail attachements wont play directly like this as well? Thanks!
#92022 by lbmofo
Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 am
Not sure how to deal with the opening of mp3 problem with your Blackberry email program.

Email to your phone's MMS address and see if you can open up mp3 that way; look up address here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

You can have up to 3 forwards defined in my.ooma.com

For example, AT&T would be number@mms.att.net