Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#7723 by nitecourt
Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:48 pm
I had two new voicemails but did not know it since the Play button was not blinking on the hub or scout. I see the calls in caller id and no one listened to them from the hub or scout before me. Why is the light not blinking? (And yes, the brightness is turned all the way up!)
#7724 by mikepatel_99
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:31 pm
Hello,

I have the same problem, any idea why. Called TECH Support and the reply I got that it will take 3 days for their 2 level support to get back to me.

Please let me know and appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Mike
#7727 by WayneDsr
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:00 pm
There are a few others complaining of this issue. I just called, left a voicemail and the play button did not blink. I'm going to guess this is a network wide issue.

Wayne
#7729 by buzzman
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:05 pm
I left a VM and am able to see the blinking play button. Maybe we should use our phone's answering machine instead from now on.

WayneDsr wrote:There are a few others complaining of this issue. I just called, left a voicemail and the play button did not blink. I'm going to guess this is a network wide issue.

Wayne
#7750 by levelbest
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:47 pm
New user. Looks like I picked a bad time to pick up an Ooma given the issues over the last 2 days.

I am having the same issue. Left a couple messages for myself - and no light blinking. Thought maybe my hardware was toast and then thought to check here. Hitting the play button does retrieve the message though.
#7752 by mikepatel_99
Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 pm
Hello,

So do you guys think it's a H/W (ooma hub) issue or it's NOT a H/W (Ooma issue). If I can figure this out then I want to return this to COSTCO and get my money back.

I am a new user with this device OOMA. I thought this product was good but how many BUGS and OUTAGES I have to deal with.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

MJP
#7753 by levelbest
Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:17 pm
mikepatel_99 wrote:Hello,

So do you guys think it's a H/W (ooma hub) issue or it's NOT a H/W (Ooma issue). If I can figure this out then I want to return this to COSTCO and get my money back.

I am a new user with this device OOMA. I thought this product was good but how many BUGS and OUTAGES I have to deal with.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

MJP

Guessing since others are reporting the issue - it's gotta be a backend issue on the server side of things. I sent in a support request and pointed them towards this thread.

We'll see how it goes.
#7754 by WayneDsr
Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Don't misunderstand me. Ooma is a great product. A few clitches here and there just like other services.
A non blinking light is hardly a major issue! They will fix it!

Go ahead, bring ooma back to COSCO.
That would be your loss.

Wayne