Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#91328 by itstim
Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:30 pm
We've had the service a couple of months with no trouble. Internet service is up, but the handset directly connected to the ooma hub gives a fast busy and won't dial out. Incoming callers just get infinite rings, no voicemail, and no ringing on our phone or backup line.

Is there a general system problem now?
#91331 by itstim
Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:13 pm
I have a correction and answers for my questions. First, our backup line was being called. My wife was just ignoring me. Sounds crazy, I know.

And there is no general outage. I unplugged the Telo power and reconnected to restart it. After starting back up, it still had the same fast busy. I started to poke around with buttons - the top right one spoke "Page enabled", the color of several lights changed to blue and then the line was working. I don't have a telo handset, so this doesn't make much sense. But I see in the Telo manual now that the button colors were trying to communicate some details about the error. We almost never touch the telo, so I didn't even recognize that it was different than its normal "you never use me for checking voice mail" state. Next time, I will try to remember to look that up first. Though if mashing buttons I don't understand will fix future problems too, I may just stick with that.