Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#90806 by Wild Child
Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 am
I have read many posts and reviews on this product and have only seen a few that are experiencing the issue I am having which is a beep only heard by the people on the other side of the line. When I call someone they hear a loud beep noise like someone is pressing the key pad but I hear nothing. There is no set amount of time for this to happen but it does happen a lot. I had a magic jack which did this for a while and I think they must have fixed the issue because it went away but then I had a problem with getting dropped calls if you were on the line longer than an hour.

I am at wits end and really do not want to return this product as it really seems to have some value but if the beep continues I will have no choice but to return the product and figure out an alternative to using a phone system.
#90810 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 am
Wild Child wrote:I have read many posts and reviews on this product and have only seen a few that are experiencing the issue I am having which is a beep only heard by the people on the other side of the line. When I call someone they hear a loud beep noise like someone is pressing the key pad but I hear nothing. There is no set amount of time for this to happen but it does happen a lot. I had a magic jack which did this for a while and I think they must have fixed the issue because it went away but then I had a problem with getting dropped calls if you were on the line longer than an hour.

I am at wits end and really do not want to return this product as it really seems to have some value but if the beep continues I will have no choice but to return the product and figure out an alternative to using a phone system.

The beeps that you hear are called DTMF tones. Usually when the other party hears the DTMF tones, the DTMF tones are generated by your voice. The tones are the same tones that the key pad generates. In many cases, just by turning down the phone audio volume on your phone, the tones will be much less or go away completely.