Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#90541 by Frankjake
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 pm
I've searched and couldn't find the answer to this, so sorry if it's been discussed before. I'm new to Ooma and still learning all the features.

When someone leaves a message in my Ooma voicemail, my Panasonic handsets will light up the screen, with a message "new voice mail". But when I press the VM button on the handset, the screen will show the message "call the phone company for access number". I called Ooma and they didn't know what I was talking about.

I see there are many Ooma users with Panasonic wireless phones, so I can't be the only one with this issue. How do I or can I access Ooma voicemail from one of the handsets. Or do I always have to get it right from the Ooma box itself?

Thanks for any advice.
#90542 by thunderbird
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:33 pm
Frankjake wrote:I've searched and couldn't find the answer to this, so sorry if it's been discussed before. I'm new to Ooma and still learning all the features.

When someone leaves a message in my Ooma voicemail, my Panasonic handsets will light up the screen, with a message "new voice mail". But when I press the VM button on the handset, the screen will show the message "call the phone company for access number". I called Ooma and they didn't know what I was talking about.

I see there are many Ooma users with Panasonic wireless phones, so I can't be the only one with this issue. How do I or can I access Ooma voicemail from one of the handsets. Or do I always have to get it right from the Ooma box itself?

Thanks for any advice.

From Anywhere:

•Dial your Ooma number from any phone and hit * when your voicemail picks up to enter the voicemail navigation menu

View Topic: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-voicemail#anchor-4
#90543 by Frankjake
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 pm
Thank you so much for the info and the link. It worked perfectly. I just stored the number with a "pause" in my handset and accessed Ooma voicemail very easily.

Funny when I asked guy at Ooma support, he said the only way to get voicemail was from the device itself or from email (if it's set up to forward to an email or text to a cell phone). He asked why I would want to get my voicemail from another phone! Crazy...