Just cancelled Premier, having trouble placing calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
miscrap

Just cancelled Premier, having trouble placing calls

Post by miscrap » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:47 pm

I cancelled my free Premier trial a few days ago. Since then my wife has started complaining that sometimes when she tries to place a call she gets an Ooma error message, something to the effect of second line not available, hang up first line. I only have one line, and the only one on it is my wife trying to make a call. I no longer have a second line since I cancelled Premier (although both the 1 & 2 lights are lit up on device). I tried rebooting the device but that didn't help. It doesn't happen every time, and has never happened to me, so I can't describe the exact message. My wife makes probably 10-20 calls a day, and has complained to me about half a dozen times about this. Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?

lbmofo

Re: Just cancelled Premier, having trouble placing calls

Post by lbmofo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:30 pm

This is likely happening between calls. Give some time between hang up & next pick up or if message gotten, try pressing the flash button on the phone to get rid of message.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:42 pm

miscrap wrote:I cancelled my free Premier trial a few days ago. Since then my wife has started complaining that sometimes when she tries to place a call she gets an Ooma error message, something to the effect of second line not available, hang up first line. I only have one line, and the only one on it is my wife trying to make a call. I no longer have a second line since I cancelled Premier (although both the 1 & 2 lights are lit up on device). I tried rebooting the device but that didn't help. It doesn't happen every time, and has never happened to me, so I can't describe the exact message. My wife makes probably 10-20 calls a day, and has complained to me about half a dozen times about this. Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?
You may also want to try this:
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

miscrap

Post by miscrap » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks for the advice. Tried the Power Off thing but it didn't help. Pretty sure it's due to being too quick on the hang up/new call. Told the wife to slow down, but we'll see how that goes. Thanks again.