Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#90094 by davestern
Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:58 am
a few things happening - anyone have any ideas on these?

1. My toll free call is being sent to a different toll free #... for example, I dialed my conf. call bridge (AT&T) but instead was directed to the Texas Lottery Commission (this happened several times and was not a misdial .. and in those several times, I was routed to different toll free numbers other than what I had dialed) ..

2. My conf. bridge is not recognizing the DTMFs I key in to join a bridge .. however when I dial the bridge service using the non-toll free # (the toll #), the DTMF's go through fine and I am joined to my bridge (note that my handset does not allow me to change the length of the DTMF generated with each key press)
#90099 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 am
davestern wrote:a few things happening - anyone have any ideas on these?

1. My toll free call is being sent to a different toll free #... for example, I dialed my conf. call bridge (AT&T) but instead was directed to the Texas Lottery Commission (this happened several times and was not a misdial .. and in those several times, I was routed to different toll free numbers other than what I had dialed) ..

2. My conf. bridge is not recognizing the DTMFs I key in to join a bridge .. however when I dial the bridge service using the non-toll free # (the toll #), the DTMF's go through fine and I am joined to my bridge (note that my handset does not allow me to change the length of the DTMF generated with each key press)

Test trying a completely different phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port.
#90141 by davestern
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:17 am
confirmed that I can easily join a conf. bridge using DTMFs to enter the bridge # when I dial the toll number, but the toll free does not recognize the same sequence .. and I do believe this is something happening with Ooma (rather than the conf. service)..

any thoughts or input from Ooma welcomed ..
#90147 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:29 am
davestern wrote:confirmed that I can easily join a conf. bridge using DTMFs to enter the bridge # when I dial the toll number, but the toll free does not recognize the same sequence .. and I do believe this is something happening with Ooma (rather than the conf. service)..

any thoughts or input from Ooma welcomed ..

Here is some 8xx number calling information from the past that might help here also?

8xx Toll Free Number Calling Problem

By valleybill:
You now must not have caller ID blocking. If you do, then dial *82 before a toll free call.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12455&start=40

By ehl1:
1) The issue has been found to relate to Caller ID blocking - and my setting was indeed set to block my caller ID on outgoing calls. We switched off that feature, rebooted the Ooma Telo, and lo and behold, ALL 800 #s went through first try, no issue(!)

2) In addition, it was reported that even with the caller ID blocking active, if you wait 5-10 seconds after the fast busy, the call apparently does connect (I never tried this and still haven't)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12455&start=30

Next if that doesn’t work:
Try calling with a *99 in front of the number for the Oomo Hub.
Try Calling with a *99, *98 or *96 in front of the number if you have an Ooma Telo.
Example: *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
#90208 by davestern
Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:04 pm
thanks I will check these, but note the call *is* connecting, it's just that ooma isn't transmitting the tones correctly once connected .. note another post with the same problem this week
#90283 by ToddInPG
Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 am
I am having the very same issue. If I use the 888 number the DTMF tones do not work but if I use the toll number the DTMF tones work fine. I have been using the same 888 number with Ooma for a couple of years with no issue and it suddenly stopped working in about the last week.
#90288 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:16 pm
It appears that more and more people are having this problem, without anyone coming up with a work around or fix.

Probably everyone should contact Ooma Customer Support with their problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#90294 by davestern
Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:03 pm
calling customer service is the right idea .. I don't think they check these forums or respond here .. I got a generic reply to my email to customer service, I'm not convinced they even understand the issue - but I would encourage anyone with this problem to call and explain it to them
#90345 by thunderbird
Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am
Ooma Moderator Dennis P. said the following in response to a question I asked about this issue:
"The issue described in those (this thread) threads appear to be carrier related issues and the user should call into our support line and we can try switching the route to that phone number to see if we can get the DMTF's to work".

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST