Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#89788 by gtdurham
Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:43 am
I had my voice mail de-activated so that I wouldn't have to check both my voice mail on my answering machine and on the hub if people let the phone ring the full 59 seconds causing it to go to the ooma voice mail. My issue is with the way that it's setup now, if I'm on the phone, what people hear is a constant ringing giving them the impression that either I'm not home or just not answering the phone. Isn't there some way that they could get a busy signal?
#89791 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:30 pm
gtdurham wrote:I had my voice mail de-activated so that I wouldn't have to check both my voice mail on my answering machine and on the hub if people let the phone ring the full 59 seconds causing it to go to the ooma voice mail. My issue is with the way that it's setup now, if I'm on the phone, what people hear is a constant ringing giving them the impression that either I'm not home or just not answering the phone. Isn't there some way that they could get a busy signal?

You need to direct that question to Ooma Customer Support because they would be the one that would have to make that change:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST