Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#89368 by roadshow
Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:24 pm
Here is my setup. I have an OOMA Core (Hub + Scout) with Premier Service.
My Hub "Phone" is connected with a splitter to the house wiring, I also have the Hubs "Wall" connecting to the splitter so that the Scout will work anywhere to retrieve voicemail.
The Scout is on another floor going from the house jack to the wall port.
I can retieve voicemail with the Hub and Scout.
I would like to use 3 way calling, but when I call someone on the hub button (1) and then make another call by pressing flash. I can get the call to go throuugh and (2) lights up on the Scout.
If I try to press (1) and (2) together to initiate a 3 way call, nothing happens. The current caller is on, while caller 2 is on the other line. I can flash between them, but not get them to conference.
I have tried making my second number shared and also dedicated to the Scout, makes no difference though. Any ideas?
#89370 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 pm
You have to use the 1 & 2 button on the Hub I think. Were you trying to use the buttons on the Scout?
#89371 by roadshow
Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:49 pm
lbmofo wrote:You have to use the 1 & 2 button on the Hub I think. Were you trying to use the buttons on the Scout?

Thanks. I will give that a try tonight.
#89374 by roadshow
Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:05 pm
roadshow wrote:
lbmofo wrote:You have to use the 1 & 2 button on the Hub I think. Were you trying to use the buttons on the Scout?

Thanks. I will give that a try tonight.

lbmofo,

You are a genius! It worked. Thanks so much.
#89385 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:21 pm
:cool: Ooma gets the credit for this one.

The 1 & 2 button on the Scout would work the same way for the phone(s) conneted to the Scout given that both calls are initiated/received by the phones connected to the Scout (you can conference the 2 calls by pressing both the 1 & 2 button on the Scout).

If one or both lines are initiated/received by the phones connected to the Hub, you'd have to use the 1 & 2 buttons on the Hub (would work even if a Scout phone line is in the mix).