Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#88147 by ooma1113
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:45 am
My scout has died. I did the twenty minute reset and nothing. My hub is functional but nothing from the scout which has been fine for 1.5 years. I got a different new scout from my sister and hooked it up and same problem. It cycles thru the lights and then after just goes blank and nothing. When I try to pick up the line by my wireless phone it says connecting but nothing happens. Figured I'd give the board a try because I know there are many knowledgeable people here. Thanks for reading and any help you might be able to offer. :D
#88148 by murphy
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 am
As a test sit the Hub and Scout side by side.
Connect the wall port of the Scout directly to the Wall port of the hub with a short phone cable.
Does it work in this configuration?
If it does you have a wiring problem.
If it doesn't, try the second Scout.
Does it worK?
If it does the first Scout has a problem.
If it doesn't, the Hub has a problem.

Check all of the buttons on the Hub and the Scout for being stuck in the depressed position.
#88149 by ooma1113
Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 am
murphy wrote:As a test sit the Hub and Scout side by side.
Connect the wall port of the Scout directly to the Wall port of the hub with a short phone cable.
Does it work in this configuration?
If it does you have a wiring problem.
If it doesn't, try the second Scout.
Does it worK?
If it does the first Scout has a problem.
If it doesn't, the Hub has a problem.

Check all of the buttons on the Hub and the Scout for being stuck in the depressed position.

Thanks the scout is working and it appears to now be a phone issue.I can work with that.Thanks for the prompt response. I pressed all buttons on both hub and scout and then the blue light reappeared on the scout.
Thanks again