Scout is down and no second line as result

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ooma1113

Scout is down and no second line as result

Post by ooma1113 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:45 am

My scout has died. I did the twenty minute reset and nothing. My hub is functional but nothing from the scout which has been fine for 1.5 years. I got a different new scout from my sister and hooked it up and same problem. It cycles thru the lights and then after just goes blank and nothing. When I try to pick up the line by my wireless phone it says connecting but nothing happens. Figured I'd give the board a try because I know there are many knowledgeable people here. Thanks for reading and any help you might be able to offer. :D

murphy

Re: Scout is down and no second line as result

Post by murphy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 am

As a test sit the Hub and Scout side by side.
Connect the wall port of the Scout directly to the Wall port of the hub with a short phone cable.
Does it work in this configuration?
If it does you have a wiring problem.
If it doesn't, try the second Scout.
Does it worK?
If it does the first Scout has a problem.
If it doesn't, the Hub has a problem.

Check all of the buttons on the Hub and the Scout for being stuck in the depressed position.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ooma1113

Re: Scout is down and no second line as result

Post by ooma1113 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 am

murphy wrote:As a test sit the Hub and Scout side by side.
Connect the wall port of the Scout directly to the Wall port of the hub with a short phone cable.
Does it work in this configuration?
If it does you have a wiring problem.
If it doesn't, try the second Scout.
Does it worK?
If it does the first Scout has a problem.
If it doesn't, the Hub has a problem.

Check all of the buttons on the Hub and the Scout for being stuck in the depressed position.
Thanks the scout is working and it appears to now be a phone issue.I can work with that.Thanks for the prompt response. I pressed all buttons on both hub and scout and then the blue light reappeared on the scout.
Thanks again