Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#87692 by aimpulsive
Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:35 pm
I have had OOMA for 18 months. Love it.

However, last week we noticed that when we place an outgoing call if the person we are calling does not answer before four rings the phone just goes dead. If the person answers the phone before the 4th ring then all is well...otherwise, the phone dies.

Ideas?
#87699 by thunderbird
Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 pm
aimpulsive wrote:I have had OOMA for 18 months. Love it.

However, last week we noticed that when we place an outgoing call if the person we are calling does not answer before four rings the phone just goes dead. If the person answers the phone before the 4th ring then all is well...otherwise, the phone dies.

Ideas?

Try dialing *98, or *96 with a hash mark at the end of the number, if you have an Ooma Telo.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx#.

This is just a temporary fix. Be sure to contact Ooma Customer Support and report your Problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#88529 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:28 pm
alleykat wrote:I have the same problem, it started a week, week 1/2 ago. I have to report it also.

Try removing power from the Ooma Device, than repowering the Ooma Device. Then try using the temporary work-around *98 or *96 prefixes for dialing with an Ooma Telo.

If that doesn't work, remove power for 20 minutes and then repower the Ooma device. Then try using the temporary work-around *98 or *96 prefixes for dialing with an Ooma Telo.

Try the *82 prefix also.