Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#87583 by rheavy2
Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:55 pm
:x What's the problem with Ooma not allowing us to turn off voicemail pickup? That's absolutely ridiculous!!!

Is there a technical problem for them? OK, then how about making the pickup time longer than 59 secs, like maybe 59 hours.

Why won't Ooma do something simple like this??????

Bummed out that this causes an unnecessary hassle for me ............. :x
#87584 by lbmofo
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:05 pm
You can go into my.ooma.com and set voicemail pickup to 59 seconds; that's almost 10 rings. https://my.ooma.com/voicemail Don't think many people would hang around for 10 rings. If you really don't want VM pickup, you can call into Ooma customer service to permanently remove your voicemail.
#87615 by rheavy2
Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 am
I'd like to thank you for a thoughtful answer but obviously that's not appropriate.

Beside a problem of reading comprehension, you've given the same answer to several other posters who are already aware of the 59sec setting. Maybe you should consider spending your time more productively than making this board part of your social network.

As a moderator previously posted, voicemail can be turned off permanently - death is also a long term solution but it may not be the right one for most situations ...

Apparently I'm not the only one who wants the ability to turn off voicemail. Unless we make our needs known there's little chance of change. Hopefully Ooma is listening.
#87620 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 pm
I was being polite. Put in your feature request and see. You'd never know....things might have changed (Not that your request is not high priority, I highly doubt Ooma ran out of higher priority items to do though).

ntoy wrote:Hello,

I do not see any future plans of this feature being implemented. If you wish, please send me a personal message
and we can permanently disable vmail for you.
#87627 by roadshow
Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 pm
I do use the voicemail, but I agree, there should be a way to temporarily disable it. I was told that if you call OOMA to disable it, you can't get it back. That seems ridiculous.