Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#87524 by Nicksw
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:01 am
My handsets (vtech) display the number of "missed calls" - these seem to include all "missed calls" on the log, including those where a voicemail was left.

Obviously what I WANT to see is whether I missed any calls SINCE I LAST CHECKED. If it says "6 missed calls" there's no way I can tell if I really missed a call, or of that's an old number (unless the caller left a message, or I go look at the log online).

Is there a way to clear the missed call notification that gets sent to the handset?
#87525 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:09 am
6503229707 wrote:My handsets (vtech) display the number of "missed calls" - these seem to include all "missed calls" on the log, including those where a voicemail was left.

Obviously what I WANT to see is whether I missed any calls SINCE I LAST CHECKED. If it says "6 missed calls" there's no way I can tell if I really missed a call, or of that's an old number (unless the caller left a message, or I go look at the log online).

Is there a way to clear the missed call notification that gets sent to the handset?

I found this on the Internet for Vtech:

To remove "missed calls" on phone, press and hold "OFF" button on handset. This should remove "missed calls" message.
#87528 by Nicksw
Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:00 am
Thank you -- I assumed this was an Ooma feature since this did not happen on my landline (which had CallerID turned off), but it seems this is another log stored in the handset itself! Who knew? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
#87641 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 pm
6503229707 wrote:Thank you -- I assumed this was an Ooma feature since this did not happen on my landline (which had CallerID turned off), but it seems this is another log stored in the handset itself! Who knew? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

You're welcome. Good luck.
#98837 by SylviaCaras
Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:40 am
Thanks for the pointer to my handset manual. I'm just wrapping up the settings and configurations.

For Panasonic: http://www.ehow.com/how_6369534_clear-p ... ne-id.html

Instructions
Press the “View CID” button.
Press the"Down" button to view the most recent missed call.
Press the "Up" button to view the oldest missed call. Once you are done viewing them, your display screen will be free of the missed calls message.
Erase the missed calls from the call log by going to the “Menu” and navigating to the option “View Caller ID.” Go through all missed calls that you've received and erase them one by one or press the “Mute” button to erase them all.