Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#87190 by maria5131
Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:48 pm
Hi,

I can dial out with no problem. When it comes to receiving calls, they go straight to voicemail. I have tested this with my UNblocked cell phone.

I have unplugged the Telo as well.

Any suggestions? This is something new.

Also, I get DTMF tones on calls. How do I stop those? No one can hear them but me.
#87195 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:18 pm
maria5131 wrote:Hi,

I can dial out with no problem. When it comes to receiving calls, they go straight to voicemail. I have tested this with my UNblocked cell phone.

I have unplugged the Telo as well.

Any suggestions? This is something new.

Also, I get DTMF tones on calls. How do I stop those? No one can hear them but me.

If you have an Ooma Telo, press the Envelope button on the face of the Ooma Telo until it turns yellow. Press it again until it turns blue. Do this a couple of times and then test. If the Envelope button is yellow, it will send all calls to voicemail.

If that doesn't work, unpower the Ooma device for 20 minutes, then repower the Ooma device and test. You may have to do this procedure three times before you have any success.

Usually just a certain person's voice will set off the DTMF (Key Pad tone noise) tones. Sometimes just by sightly lowering your phone audio volume and have the other person lower their phone audio volume slightly, it will help.
#87209 by maria5131
Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:56 am
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

The envelop was yellow and pressing it twice (and holding for a few seconds) made the lady's voice come on to say:
"Do Not Disturb Off".

I had no idea there was DND and am glad to know there is.

THANKS MUCH for your help in this matter.

Maria