Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#87029 by Lord Vader
Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:04 am
Whenever I press the play button ( > ) on my Telo unit, nothing happens--no playback is heard through the unit at all. I have to go to a handset and use that instead. I've tried a few different things, but I can't get my Telo unit to play the audio of messages left.
#87032 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:21 am
Lord Vader:
When you press the Volume symbol do you hear 1, 2, 3, 4?
Or when you press the Lights symbol do you dear a beep?

If not do a 15 minute power off reboot. If that doesn't help you probably have a defective speaker.

For that you have to contact Ooma Customer Support. If your Ooma device is within the one year warranty period, they will send you shipping prepaid, replacement Ooma device. Also they will send a prepaid shipping label for shipping the defective Ooma device back.
#87038 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:23 pm
Lord Vader wrote:Strange, but reboots/resets didn't do anything before. The last one did, however. We'll see if it holds.

Many times if the Ooma device unpowered wait period isn't long enough, the reboot doesn't work.
#87041 by Lord Vader
Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:51 pm
Well, like I said, we'll see if this works. I didn't make the original post until I did more than one reset and tried other things, but hopefully it'll stick.

BTW, while I'm on the subject, does the volume somehow go "off" or all the way down when the unit is rebooted, or does it remain at the last setting you made?
#113210 by JeffS
Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:36 pm
I know this is an old post but today my Telo unit started doing this too. The unit will announce when I change volume or whatnot, however it doesn't play the voice mail message for incoming calls and it isn't playing voicemails. They are being sent to my email but that doesn't help when I'm screening calls, especially since my Premier subscribed caller ID is only showing the city of phone number in most cases....

I am in the middle of a 15 minute unplug/reboot - I'll see soon if that helps.
#113222 by JeffS
Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:52 pm
It worked.

For the most part, I really like Ooma Telo (annoying caller ID aside) but would like to know why the unit has to be rebooted so often. Seems like once a week the center light is flashing red and I have to reboot it, now with this incident. It's certainly not a reason I'd want to change providers but it is slightly inconvenient.